Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear wheel angled in

jonboy

Spa-Francorchamps
My 997TT rear off side wheel is angled in and the car is not steering straight. It started with the steering wheel with being off center and progressed to the steering wheel be significantly off centre and a wobbly feel when driving. It’s booked in at the indie but I was interested in view of the possible problem.

jonboy said:
............. It started with the steering wheel with being off center and progressed to the steering wheel be significantly off centre and a wobbly feel when driving ......

Over what period of time did this worsen. :?:

It sounds like you've clouted a kerb quite heavily and bent something.

T8 said:
It sounds like you've clouted a kerb quite heavily and bent something.

:agree:

When was the last time you had any work done on rear suspension or geo?

It could just be that your toe bolt has come loose if it is getting worse.

Can you get under the car and check?

If it is loose I'm not sure I would want to drive it.

Has the ride height dropped on that side?
Possible broken spring??

Angled in towards the top/arch or towards the front of the car?

I would at least jack it up and remove the wheel, in fact to start with grab the wheel and see if there is any obvious play.

My guess is the camber or toe arm has come loose, or something broken rather than bent, because you said it feels wobbly.

I have done it before, set geo at home, taken it down the road and first bump and.....WTF?!
Forgot to tighten the eccentric bolts properly. :oops:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back