Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear ABS reluctor ring

corneg1

Silverstone
Hello - looking for some advise please.

I had my ABS warning light come one a while back. I checked the code and it directed me towards the OS rear. I tested the sensor which tested out as OK. I then moved on to visually inspect the reluctor ring. Through the small point where you can see the ring it looked very dirty and in one spot the ring was broken to one side. I cleaned it up as best as I could and since then it has mostly OK with the warning coming back on once only.

My plan was to change the ring when I do a suspension refresh. That time has now arrived. When ordering all the components I have discovered that the rear reluctor ring is part of the drive shaft. Desgn911 and Porsche have both said that I need a whole drive shaft.

I found some details on this forum on how to change a front reluctor ring, but nothing for the rear.

What are other's experiences please? Do I really need a new drive shaft at just under £1K...? FYI my car is a gen 2 C2.

Many thanks, Graham.

There are also some on Ebay.

Thanks all, much appreciated. I thought it was strange to be honest, hence coming to ask the people who really know. :D

ok - apologies, I need some more help. Does anyone know if the C4 and C2 rear drive shaft reluctor ring are there same or not?

The bay site Alex pointed me to says they are not. But I want to hear it from the experts.

many thanks, Graham.

The 2nd link I posted states:

Engine Sizes : 3.4, 3.6,

Porsche 911 Petrol Targa RWD -- 996

Porsche 911 Petrol Coupe RWD -- 996

Porsche 911 Petrol Coupe AWD -- 996

Porsche 911 Petrol Convertible RWD -- 996

Porsche 911 Petrol Convertible AWD -- 996

:dont know:

Yea - strange. I messaged them with my reg and vin and they said it doesn't fit...

I may have found a local source now, so hopefully I can get one.

OK - reluctorings are in hand. Sourced from reluctorring.com - thanks for the recommendation. Turned out they are in the same town where I live. Will let you know how I get on fitting them next week, along with all suspension components as well... :D

Quick bit of feedback on the reluctor ring supplier I used. They were excellent and were very easy to fit. Unlike all the suspension components I also had to fit. The usual seized eccentric bolts that needed cutting and some very stuck ball joints on the front. Of to CG for alignment on Friday :D

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyx
Back