Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Pre Inspection 111 point check - what is it?

have and will always use were possible goodyear f1s.Not interested in this nrated stuff.

Rockunrolla said:
My opc (Leeds) have always said to me they don't really care about non nrated tyres but have to advise it on services etc ,,

So they dont tell you existing extended warranty is voided then :dont know:

The fitting of non 'n' rated tyres and non genuine parts does not affect your used warranty unless they can be directly attributed to the cause of your claim. So non 'n' tyres will not affect any aspect of your warranty except possibly a suspension claim, but as Porsche fit them then they would be on very dodgy ground. Renewal or getting a wrranty is different, here it is up to the discretion of the OPC.

In my experience best to avoid OPC's as much as poss. If you have a gen2 onwards save your money.

The issue relates to the warranty extension not the existing warranty.

I'm not claiming on the existing warranty but that was another thing that annoyed me as I asked them to check a rattle/ vibration on the rear near side pillar, I think its the plastic trim that the seat belt feeds through, and the guy said they would look at it but that most likely it wouldn't be a warrantable defect.

As an aside, my Insurance company doesn't care about the tyre type as long as they are legal.

Zingari said:
Are you still covered, or as a result of the tyre swap have they now said it's void :dont know: There seem to be mixed messages that you're either not covered for the non-spec parts and presumably anything attributable to them but you are for all other components or it's completely void in all aspects.

There shouldn't be any 'mixed messages' about this as it's been documented several times lately that the warranty will only be void if a claim is made for something that can be attributed to a non-Porsche part.

In this instance I'd struggle to think of any warranty claim that would be voided by the fitment of tyres that didn't have an 'N' rating. :dont know:

Renewal of the warranty is different. If the car hasn't got N rated tyres it shouldn't be a surprise that it fails the 111 point test. Some OPCs might turn a blind eye to this - especially given the feedback provided by Phil997 - but that's their decision.

Zingari said:
Rockunrolla said:
My opc (Leeds) have always said to me they don't really care about non nrated tyres but have to advise it on services etc ,,

So they dont tell you existing extended warranty is voided then :dont know:

Nope , had several warranty claims go though fine on my 997 with non Nrateds on ,,

:thumb:

Is there a gripe there about Porsche charging you for an 111-point inspection when it was plain to see that your vehicle had non N-rated tyres?

Why?

You entered into a contract to have the vehicle assessed for a Porsche Warranty. And presumably you must have been aware of non-standard parts on your vehicle as you elected to replace the tyres with non-N-rated tyres.
And presumably, you were aware that only factory-fit options and standards are allowed to have a clear cut case for acceptance.

So why being miffed that Porches went ahead and carried out the inspection?
They may have identified other areas that needed to be addressed.

On the tyres, you know of only one certainty - having N-rated tyres will not cause you to fall out with OPC in the event of any claim. Anything non-N rated and it appears to be a less compelling argument.

I agree. If they checked the tyres first or last, doesn't matter. You asked for a check and they did it. You failed on one thing, Would it have been ok if you failed on 10?

If buying privately - PPI or 111 inspection check

Hi Guys
Just wanted your thoughts on either a PPI from an indy or a 111 point check from a OPC

Which would be better?

How old's the 997, any OPC transferable warranty and who has been servicing it as that may decide which way to go :dont know:

The 111 point check is virtually useless beyond telling you that it has the normal stuff that any car has: wheels, brakes, engine, gearbox, battery lights etc. I think of it as an MOT with a couple of extra bits. The other things like checking all the switches work are the sort of things you'd do yourself. Take aa look at what they check:

http://jenniskens.livedsl.nl/Technical/Tips/Files/111 Point Check.pdf

A proper PPI will look for evidence of accident damage, poor paint etc (if no road test is done, it's not a proper PPI). Ditto for a PPI that doesn't remove the undertrays or do an ECU readout. There are good & mediocre PPI companies, make sure you use one that will do more than a simple visual inspection which is virtually meaningless imo.

but if an opc carries out a 111 check then i assume the vehicle will be eligible for a warranty?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back