Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OSR Brake Pipe Replacement .

deMort

Monaco
I took this photo a few years back then went and lost it .. now found !

I had an engine out for work and noticed this .. its a replacement with gearbox in i suspect and quite a sensible one hence i'm sharing it .

Make up 2 pipes and join to one side of the gearbox .. all pipes are located in the brackets .. must admit i thought this was a clever solution and a wee bit better than perhaps running a pipe under the gearbox as i have seen mentioned here before .

Whist i can't condone doing something like this obviously i just thought i would share what others have done .

Attachments

• osr_brake_pipe_replacement__159.jpg
    osr_brake_pipe_replacement__159.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 890
  • osr_brake_pipe_replacement__159.jpg
    osr_brake_pipe_replacement__159.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 890
That's an interesting replacement ..

I can only assume its in 2 parts as a single line would still be a difficult fit even if it is flexible .

Access is the issue .. all brake pipes must be secured in clips .. flapping around unsecured and they may chaffe through... also an mot failure if seen by the tester .

Whether you use this or do as per the image i posted will be the same though .. if a pipe has lasted 15 years plus then it will last the same again .. longer if you can coat it in some wax oil or similar .

ref these " hard lines " they seem to give a slightly harder pedal .. i'm not a huge fan of these but each to their own .

Make sure they don't kink .. more so on the caliper ones .. mot failure if kinked ... twisted might be a better word .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back