Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Option codes

Bertie14

I've been looking at my options list on my 2001 C4 which include full leather interior, sports hardback seats, cruise control, heated seats to name a few.
But one option code is 09991 which I've looked into and it states 'exclusive programme'.
My car also has Alcantara headlining, no sunroof and a aero bodykit which is not on the options list and although it is a mk1 car it was registered in September 2001 as the mk1 was ending and going into the mk2, it's also Lapis blue, I've been told it's rare to be on a mk1.
The aero kit I have has a mk2 rear spoiler and rear bumper skirts, because it has a different rear spoiler (I think it was the taco rear spoiler if I'm right) could the person who specced the car specifically asked for a mk2 rear spoiler or could Porsche have done this themselves as a one off as it was a very late registered mk1.
What I'm trying to achieve ,has the aero kit been fitted at the factory on the 'exclusive program or maybe it was fitted as an aftermarket fitment.
Thanks,

The exclusive option code can mean that something as specific as the colour of stiching or a different material has been used.

If you've only got the 09991 reference it probably relates to something small.

afaik significant exclusive options still have a 3 digit code.

An aero kit for example is E21 on a Carrera or E22 on a Turbo.

Lapis Blue is definitely unusual for a gen1 996.

When you say mk2 rear spoiler, do you mean this one?

If so it's the aerokit 'Carrera" (as opposed to 'cup" ie GT3 look) spoiler.

A number of very late 996.1s were fitted with a lot of options including this. I was told they were heavily optioned by dealers as they were the last cars available, but mine did have the relevant option code on the sticker and no exclusive option code (AFAIK).

If not, ignore me!

Attachments

• 2dbc3809_9277_44ac_8457_40a0aa08df72_190.jpeg
    2dbc3809_9277_44ac_8457_40a0aa08df72_190.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 873
Yes, it's the same as that one, it's also got Alcantara headlining hardback sets which ain't on the code list, the chap who I got it from said that when a car is near the crossover point between gen 1 and gen 2 porsche had a tendency to change certain things, hence why my car is Lapis blue, I dont think they done Lapis blue on a gen 1.

I think it's a heavily optioned run out model then, perhaps specced by the dealer because customers were buying the new model. Strange it doesn't have the option codes though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikolo55
Back