Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

On board Wifi

Nickd911

Hi,

Picked up my GTS on Friday and wow wat a car!

Having spent the last few evenings sat in the garage thumbing through the user manual I've still not been able to connect the app to the cars Wi-Fi - well i don't think i have as the amazon app just errors.

Is there a way to see if the cars Wi-Fi has an internet connection? There is a SIM card in the tray but I don't have satellite view on the navigation maps but do have traffic reports or are the traffic reports included in the connect subscription?

Also anyone else get a blank screen when trying to use amazon music with car play?

Nick

I have no idea but you probably need a SIM with an active data contract. You won't get free data over the air; just doesn't exist.

Is the SIM activated, working, got a data plan?

Try buying a cheap 'pay as you go' SIM and see if that helps?

Richard

Thanks, bought a PAYG Sim and figured it out with the amazon app.

Still get a black screen when using Amazon music with carplay but thats another story

CarPlay is set on your phone and it may be that Amazon is set to not show for safety reasons - although mine does. If you download another app (a radio player for example) and that comes up on the screen then it's something on the phone.

Richard

I had similar frustrations yesterday. I managed to activate the WiFi, though as above maybe it was pointless without a SIM card in the car. Anyhow, is there anything useful that I could access if it was fully working? Apple CarPlay works a treat so I'm not actually sure I need apps in the car as well.

tim

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back