Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Neil's 997.2 Carrera 2S PDK - Cleaned, Refined, Enjoyed.

Welcome car looks great , looking foward to the updates and modifications :thumb:

Cheers :)

silvermilnec said:
Neil I washed mine today after a machine polish last week topped off with poor boys black hole and zymol to seal. I've never had beading so good the water just ran off!!
We are going via the tunnel, not picked the route yet but the know we are doing some WW1 stuff.
How did you paint the centre of the disks?
Cheers

Cant beat a good bead! I love how the basalt black shines. Such a deep depth of metallic.

I'm close to Hull ferry port, so that's easier for me. Plus driving in the UK is crap compared to Europe :lol:

I did a battlefield tour a few years ago, was great. You'll definitely enjoy it.

Cleaned them up, degreased them, then just used a spray silver hammerite. Wont last forever, but it took 5 minutes spinning the disk. Any contamination on the braking surface soon wore off. Looks much tidier for it too.

neil_911 said:

silvermilnec said:
Neil I washed mine today after a machine polish last week topped off with poor boys black hole and zymol to seal. I've never had beading so good the water just ran off!!
We are going via the tunnel, not picked the route yet but the know we are doing some WW1 stuff.
How did you paint the centre of the disks?
Cheers

Cant beat a good bead! I love how the basalt black shines. Such a deep depth of metallic.

I'm close to Hull ferry port, so that's easier for me. Plus driving in the UK is crap compared to Europe :lol:

I did a battlefield tour a few years ago, was great. You'll definitely enjoy it.

Cleaned them up, degreased them, then just used a spray silver hammerite. Wont last forever, but it took 5 minutes spinning the disk. Any contamination on the braking surface soon wore off. Looks much tidier for it too.
I noticed your not that far from me. I've done battle grounds a few times but the lads who I'm going to Monza with haven't so should be a great trip!! Just need to sort a route 👍

Looks great. Do you have a part number for the rear number plate bulbs?

s70rjw said:
Looks great. Do you have a part number for the rear number plate bulbs?

Cheers bud,

It was the whole assembly I changed for an LED one. I'm currently in the algarve, but I'll find the box and P/N when I'm back 8)

UPDATE TIME!

So a few weeks ago i arrived back off my european road trip, Taking in a few alpine roads, museums, and race tracks.

The 911 was a dream to drive, never too uncomfortable, great fun on the winding roads. The perfect GT car balance between long distance motorways and set up to handle some twisties.

Our trip took us from Rotterdam, our ferry arrival point. On to the Nurburgring (where i strongly suggest you do the ring taxi). Such an incredible place - even managed to stumble on staying the night at Sabines hotel!

I think most people have visited the porsche museum/factory. I've been once before, but took this chance to go again - still a petrol head's place. Lots to look at and see, Even saw the test 991.2 GT3 looking abused.

Munich was our next overnight (BMW Museum) Then on to Grossglockner alpine pass in austria. I've literally a 100 pics of this road, but photo bucket isn't as great as it used to be...

From grossglochner, we travelled to Innsbruck for our overnight hotel - the next day saw a spirited drive to Monza, to pay homage to the famous banking of the old track - a truly epic experience - even if we probably leaped over a few fences to get to the best bits....

Our trip hope saw more of Switzerland, France, Belgium and a stop in Spa francorshamps. Where we managed to drop on to a Spa classic event, Did see porsche club GB there too!

2000 miles, approximately 30mpg, a litre of oil and some epic scenery. I will be back, and the 911 is the best car I've done it in. 8)

Some pics!...
IMG_9920_zpsfoqucx6v.jpg

GOPR0183_zpscngkqjef.jpg

GOPR0228_zps4bmrke9q.jpg

IMG_9987_zpsgsfndcpo.jpg

IMG_9989_zpsebx5xdff.jpg

GOPR0333_zpslqsy8esn.jpg

IMG_9994_zpsackgjlid.jpg

IMG_9998_zps331zciyo.jpg

GOPR0376_zpsvpyv6kx5.jpg

IMG_0013_zpsavuy8rvg.jpg

IMG_0023_zpsulos4gpn.jpg

IMG_0052_zps1rwqsiq8.jpg

IMG_0059_zpsznaxgl6w.jpg

Nice update, I need to sort a Euro trip. 8)

James M-S said:
Nice update, I need to sort a Euro trip. 8)

Cheers, You definitely do - one of the best things I've done. I've done more miles in europe in my 911 than in UK, Which is fine by me. I hate driving in this country :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back