Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Need help bypassing 964 PA1000 immobiliser

Johnny Graham

Hi folks, my good ol 964 has only let me down once in 20 years - until last week. Stranded with a non-start issue and recovered thankfully the 10 miles back home.

I think it is immobiliser related - like most UK 964s of this vintage I have the PA1000 fitted by Hamilton and Palmer, mine has the fob with buttons, not the stick. Its a newish fob and I already tried my spare battery.

But I think the problem is the immobiliser unit. Normally a few seconds after unlock or after turning off the motor I get 3(?) beeps and a click, which is the immobiliser auto-arming. A central LED flashes...It has stopped doing any of that.

When I try to start, everything lights up with brake pressure pump whirring etc when I turn the key, but no cranking. It would not bump start either (I was on a hill) so no fuel getting through.

So in other words no starter and no fuel, plus the lack of normal beeps strongly suggests immobiliser.

The car has a new starter and the recovery guy also tried powering up with external 12v - no change.

I have contacted H and P, and their technician Jim who knows these systems has just retired and they are no longer supplying parts. So we are on our own now! The US forums are a little confusing because their cars have a different set up, but I know there are a few UK guys who would also like to know how to get rid of their H and P immobilisers so they don't get stranded on their next big trip..and so I thought I would try here and PH.

The car is stuck in the garage and so I am hoping someone can tell me which wire to connect to which..I am not very good with circuit diagrams. I have ID'd the Immobiliser box under the seat, will need special anti tamper tools to unbolt it..Thanks for any advice.

PA1000

Hello Johnny

It's a long time since your post and you've no doubt sorted this now. I had a H&P alarm on my 964 and suffered different symptoms. The alarm kept going off at strange times and making funny noises, before it gave up completely. Fortunately it didn't immobilise the car.

It was traced to a faulty pcb in the alarm. H&P's Jim said spares were no longer available and I'd have to try to salvage one.

In the end I took it to an auto electrician who removed the system completely. He had to speak with Jim to do this correctly.

I then had no remote locking, so installed a non-alarm, non-immobiliser central loacking system that worked perfectly.

Hope this helps

Did you manage to bypass the PA1000 Johnny? Looking at the same thing myself now. I see that you need to basically pull it out and reinstate the original wiring into the ignition and starter motor, easier said that done. Probably need to have a look at the wiring diagrams!! Any advice would be very appreciated.

I’d be interested in a solution to this too, before it strands me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back