Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

H&P Immobiliser

DYFAN

Evening all.

For those using an original UK 'slot key' immobiliser fob (mine is a 1994 without remote central locking), just thought I'd share some info from a call with Hamilton Palmer today.

I was after a spare immobiliser fob (previously sourced a replacement from H&P a few years ago); however I was informed that these are no longer available to buy. The person who used to make them retired and they no longer have stock...

Has anyone successfully removed the H&P immobiliser?

I'm sure I have a spare couple of fobs if they are of interest?

C.

I got my spare fob about 12 years ago from OPC Hatfield - they seemed to have some in stock and have the programmer - long shot but you could try calling them to see if they can help? At least if you can get hold of one, and they can program it, that would be a result... else removal might be the next best thing!

DYFAN said:
Evening all.

For those using an original UK 'slot key' immobiliser fob (mine is a 1994 without remote central locking), just thought I'd share some info from a call with Hamilton Palmer today.

I was after a spare immobiliser fob (previously sourced a replacement from H&P a few years ago); however I was informed that these are no longer available to buy. The person who used to make them retired and they no longer have stock...

Have they defo shut? I bought my new socket and wiring late 2020...

Hamilton & Palmer Installations Limited
Unit F1
Chaucer Business Park
Watery Lane
Kemsing
Kent
TN15 6PL
Hamilton & Palmer
MANUFACTURERS OF VEHICLE SECURITY SYSTEMS

Tel: +44 (0)1732 760022
Fax: +44 (0)1732 760033
Email: [email protected]

Ian

Croydon said:
DYFAN said:
Evening all.

Have they defo shut? I bought my new socket and wiring late 2020...

Hamilton & Palmer Installations Limited
Unit F1
Chaucer Business Park
Watery Lane
Kemsing
Kent
TN15 6PL
Hamilton & Palmer
MANUFACTURERS OF VEHICLE SECURITY SYSTEMS

Tel: +44 (0)1732 760022
Fax: +44 (0)1732 760033
Email: [email protected]

Ian

Isn't it the fob supplier that's shut??

Thanks all. H&P are still in business and contactable, it's just they can no longer supply replacement fobs. Good suggestion on contacting the OPC, I'll see what they say but ultimately I'm inclined to perhaps remove it in future.

Fortunately I have 2 working fobs, I was just after an extra spare one before going on an European road trip as my current backup looks original and sometimes doesn't work first time. When I spoke to H&P they said that the system is generally very reliable and only has 3 typical ways of failing: worn fob contacts, worn slot or water damage...

What's folks' opinion on the stock immobiliser? I seem to have all sorts of bother arming / disarming the system. I'm a stickler for originality but wondering if there's a simpler and more effective way to secure the car? Without major reworking of course.

Were you able to source any fobs? Just realised I can't find my spare :?

diddy_p said:
Were you able to source any fobs? Just realised I can't find my spare :?

Hi, I did call OPC Cardiff (DickLovett) and they didn't have any in stock. They mentioned that they would have normally gone direct to H&P.

Luckily I bought a new one in 2015, but my spare looks original and is a bit temperamental :dont know:

Paulb33 said:
What's folks' opinion on the stock immobiliser? I seem to have all sorts of bother arming / disarming the system. I'm a stickler for originality but wondering if there's a simpler and more effective way to secure the car? Without major reworking of course.
There is a standard alarm and immobiliser sitting below the H&P system.
I hated the H&P nonsense, so ripped it out and replaced with Tore's T-Lock system, remote locking incorporating the standard Porsche immobiliser/alarm. A very elegant solution. :thumb:
https://www.bergvillfx.com/products/t-lock-keylessentry

Get a quality alarm fitter to remove it all and replace with modern system. So much more convenient and reliable. I've gone with Cobra remote & alarm, (I think a Vodafone tracker) and Metatrak subscription (they are really good) for monitoring etc.

If nothing else, the increased remote range on mine was worth the cost! (Used to have to "click" right by the window, and no, it wasn't a flat battery).

While you are in there, replace the siren as the battery will be screwed by now and draining your system.

Tobesetc said:
Get a quality alarm fitter to remove it all and replace with modern system. So much more convenient and reliable. I've gone with Cobra remote & alarm, (I think a Vodafone tracker) and Metatrak subscription (they are really good) for monitoring etc.

If nothing else, the increased remote range on mine was worth the cost! (Used to have to "click" right by the window, and no, it wasn't a flat battery).

While you are in there, replace the siren as the battery will be screwed by now and draining your system.

Would echo this sentiment - got all the old stuff removed for an modern replacement. Cured the the parasitic drain on the battery, which was getting progressively worse.

Tobesetc said:

Would echo this sentiment - got all the old stuff removed for an modern replacement. Cured the the parasitic drain on the battery, which was getting progressively worse.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back