Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My BMW E46 M3 CSL replica

Love it :thumb:

They are lovely, lovely looking cars and importantly not too big/heavy like all the cars that seemed to have followed. I think that is why the M2 is so popular (although still a chunky 1655 kg vs M3 CSL 1385kg) ie it is moving back towards the size of the old e30 M3 (1986-1990 yr)..

I still have mine tucked up in the garage and keep looking at selling as I really want a GT3 RS. Although lovely looking I still detest the fact that they are basically automatics. A six speed box with stick is the way to enjoy driving fully. That said what really appealed to me and the main reason I bought one was the fact that they have a lovely 6 cyclinder engine and none of that gimmicky rubbish like satnav, auto wipers/headlights, heated seats, electric seats et cetera et cetera.

The CF roof saves nearly 6kg over the standard item.

I only managed 2,000 miles in her last year :? There is something not right about a car sitting around.

Pip

Pip1968 said:
I only managed 2,000 miles in her last year :? There is something not right about a car sitting around.

Pip

Still over a thousand more than I have done in mine in the last 12 months. Rubbish weather and cup tyres don't go well. I can see that running a cheap replica it would possibly get used a load more. They are amazing cars.

MC

I got a second set of wheels early on in CSL and GT3 ownership so I have no tyre excuses. A tendem garage is my downfall.

Pip

hot66 said:
i found the CSL seats more comfortable than the seats in my m-sport 5 series ... so don't dismiss putting some nice buckets in :D

I agree. the CSL seats are based on the recaro Pole position and are super comfy. loved em in mine. they are not cheap but miles better than the standard m3 seats. and a HELL of a lot lighter too. more weight saving.

How the car sits today, decided to keep it and carry on as parts come up.

Nice fleet, but do something about the weeds please. :floor:

New carbon roof is looking the part buddy :thumb:
Any close ups?

996lee said:
Any close ups?

Its currently a Gloss wrap, but warming to the idea of a real one, just wondering if it will add £2k to the value of the car.

CSL parts seem to fetch silly prices..

Got this though...

We never get back the money we spend on modifications
But roof aside if you've kept all the standard parts it shouldn't be too hard to get it back to standard
And as you know the csl parts will get snapped up :thumb:

They're fetching good money, the E46 M3s... can't imagine you've lost any money on that, particularly those sorts of mods.

Boba fett said:
996lee said:
Any close ups?

Its currently a Gloss wrap, but warming to the idea of a real one, just wondering if it will add £2k to the value of the car.

Got this though...

sorry just catching up on this thread so may already have been covered....

Thats looks like an aftermarket induction kit / CSL replica, I know the originals are silly money.

Are you still running normal MAF or has it already been alpha remapped ?

The hardest part to replicate is that genuine CSL induction noise.

jonttt said:
Boba fett said:
996lee said:
Any close ups?

Got this though...

sorry just catching up on this thread so may already have been covered....

Thats looks like an aftermarket induction kit / CSL replica, I know the originals are silly money.

Are you still running normal MAF or has it already been alpha remapped ?

The hardest part to replicate is that genuine CSL induction noise.

This is a copy CSL Airbox, copied from the original item, sounds identical if not a little louder, it will be running CSL software and Map (not Alpha N rubbish) the gearbox is already done !!

996lee said:
We never get back the money we spend on modifications
But roof aside if you've kept all the standard parts it shouldn't be too hard to get it back to standard
And as you know the csl parts will get snapped up :thumb:

I still have every single OEM part that has been taken off, it would be a shame to remove everything after all the blood sweat and tears that has gone into this.

:thumb:

Not a bad looky likey with the roof (from a distance of course). It is up close that counts. I cannot see you getting an OEM roof though as they are not even available to real CSL owners.

Did you say you had done the interior? They must be relatively easy to get hold of due to those being written off.

Pip
Ps I hope you have all your airbag recalls done. Apparently another recall for airbags is in the pipeline. :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back