Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Miles added during MOT

I wouldn't be happy either, but at least the car is ok and nothing happened.

Lesson learned, don't use that garage again, and stay with the car next time.

Or document mileage in front of them and tell them they are not allowed to take the car anywhere.

Keith

A friend of mine took a customers car for a test drive after a service and got napped speeding (75 in a 40). Nobody knew, including him, until the irate customer came in 4 weeks later with the court summons.
Police dropped it in the end because everybody claimed they didn't know who'd driven the car.

That is disgusting and expounds the main reason why test driving is undesireable!

Is it possible that the 'tester' would have waited until the oil temperature was up to max (90 deg) before high revving the engine? Not a chance!!

It's also a good reason not to puchase ex-demonstrators...

Well I'm glad that I'm not just being pedantic by your responses. Do the on board computers record activity that can provide specific info. I.E if you search for a date you can see how the car was driven/distance etc? Or will it show only critical events?
This was the last straw as far as this shop goes in terms of future custom from me.

I always stay with my car that said they are never driven even though they have an LSD which should not be put on the rollers for brake test but driven and an acceloremeter used in the footweel to test brake effectivness.
They give my brakes a looking at then issue a ticket :lol:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
white981gt4
Back