Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mileage 'Clocking'

Be covered in a puff o dust at your age, not a gallon of the other stuff.

i was talking to a guy last week at Fried eggs and friends who had owned his 911 for 18 years and in that time done less than 500 miles

I thought clocking could only happen on the display and reading the ECU would reveal the real mileage?

I've just bought a 2004 996 with quite low miles, 65k. It has a stamped service book and all the mots show the mileage to look accurate.

A friend earlier today says he thinks the last 5 years (less than 700 miles) looks dodgy and said that he thinks the milage might have been adjusted.

Is there any way an independent or main dealer can check in the car to see if its been adjusted ?

Many thanks
You did your checks before you bought the car - the MOT’s stacked up as did the service history. Yet you’re concerned about what your mate thinks. Don’t. Enjoy your purchase and don’t worry, be happy.

I definately did 6 miles in it last year (I moved it back home to the garage from storage after building works.

It even had a wash to reset the "dust" mileometer

Edit: wrong pic I just got excited at seeing it again :eek:

86esNM1.jpg
That is some thick snow foam, Can I ask which one you are using?

This^^

Also, if you disconnect the rear left ABS/wheel speed sensor, the car isn't able to measure the cars motion. So you could effectively go on a 2k mile road trip and not put any mileage on the odometer. Downside (or upside) is you'd have no speedo, no ABS, no PSM and no cruise.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeilHarbidge
Back