Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Location for 991 pics perhaps..?

Sweet said:
She's had a wash,polish and wax today. :D

and that's why its worth polishing a black car, they repay you for the effort :thumb:

OttoOtto, Glad you liked the pic, there is ever a degree of luck involved, right time right place kinda thing... though rudimentary post processing helps a lot too.

Wilpert I suspect there are loads of great photographic backdrops all over these islands you just have to get out there and look. I am fortunate to live just outside the edge of suburbia, so do not have to travel to be in the countryside, though if I want to have it almost to myself, seems best to pick the appropriate time of day.. (-:

Also sorry to read of your tinnitus... I have had it constantly for about a decade, spent too many years way too close to aircraft...

Hello Luddite,
Agreed, it's a time of day thing, the right light and location of course.
I gave mine a little clean tonight and found a quiet ish spot for a few pics.

Also manage a little launch control on the return journey.
I got a tad nervous after around 4 seconds but I haven't had as much fun in such a short space of time since I was a teenager 😀

Oh and the tinnitus, 10 years, that's a long time but I'm guessing you're getting used to it by now. Those aircraft engines are pretty noisy.
Mine came on after covid and the got worse after my first jab, damaged my hearing and I've ended up with some high tec hearing aids - clever bit of kit though, I get my phone calls in them too but I think people see me and think I'm talking to myself. 😂

Attachments

• e691f3f4_5510_4c30_bdc8_244b0d2da0ef_153.jpeg
    e691f3f4_5510_4c30_bdc8_244b0d2da0ef_153.jpeg
    458.9 KB · Views: 2,543
And the bum:

Attachments

• c3a48d74_ac35_4493_b8be_cf35bd5402bd_598.jpeg
    c3a48d74_ac35_4493_b8be_cf35bd5402bd_598.jpeg
    900 KB · Views: 2,543
I could get used to this:

Attachments

• 853627d9_3805_4535_b516_e9a6e3a2a865_790.jpeg
    853627d9_3805_4535_b516_e9a6e3a2a865_790.jpeg
    403 KB · Views: 2,543
wilpert said:
Also manage a little launch control on the return journey.
I got a tad nervous after around 4 seconds but I haven't had as much fun in such a short space of time since I was a teenager 😀

Awesome! 4 seconds is about 80mph :dont know: I think somewhat more after launch control :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1y28qFdu2s

I saw this on YT - had to laugh at the 'can't afford this if you were e.g. a binman in Hackney' - oh well. But it's a nice video of the Turbo S.

Ha ha, how about, 'the acceleration, it like being brutalised in the prison showers" :eek:

Perhaps there is something he isn't telling us.

OttoOtto, thanks for posting the 911V insight to the kind of Porsche motoring that wilpert has at his fingertips ...Awesome..!

wilpert, on the pics, the more you look out for locations the more you will find and more local to you than you might imagine...Job well done, thanks for posting.

I`m guessing I have a head start on you wilpert, me being an old geezer who has been looking at car pics in magazines for over 50 years, and taking occasional pics has always been an interest. Not always easy to find a location where a lamp post or bollard or tree looks to be part of the car, and even after all this time I often do not see that I have got it wrong until I beam the pic up on my desktop...!!!

If interested, look again at the last pic I posted of my car, and note the trees growing out of the roofline..! Had I been able to get a bit higher to the extent that the edge of the opposite side of the road cleared the roof, and presented an undisturbed straight line above the roof, I suspect it could have improved the whole scene...?

I guess with a Turbo or GT trying not trying out Launch control is against some kind of law.. (-: I suspect I may suffer too much mechanical sympathy (or cowardice) to try anything like that on my C4S..(-:

Really sorry to read that your Tinnitus came on as the result of vaccination against Covid, but my guess is it`s better to be vaccinated than not.

In truth having noise surrounding me for much of my working life in one way or other, tinnitus was and is no big deal, and as one ages past retirement other little issues can crop up that you just have to get used to and not to let them get you down is key.. Jeez I have a C4S a tank full of fuel and they still allow me to drive... What`s more to want... :?: :thumb:

In truth having noise surrounding me for much of my working life in one way or other, tinnitus was and is no big deal, and as one ages past retirement other little issues can crop up that you just have to get used to and not to let them get you down is key.. Jeez I have a C4S a tank full of fuel and they still allow me to drive... What`s more to want... :?: :thumb:[/quote]

Here,here. A great view on life. 👍

Thanks,
Yes 911 V report on the turbo is so accurate.
Yes, good positive attitude.

I'm looking down the barrel at 60 and I feel fortunate too.

Getting old, 'it beats the alternative"

Keep the pics coming, I find that silver is a hard one to get a good image of but it looks so much better in the flesh.

Wilpert, my favourite of the pics you posted was the first one in which you chose B&W and which kinda concentrated my eye on your Turbo..

For sure when photographing highly polished machines there is ever the challenge of whatever around might be reflected in the glass or body panels that could detract to some extent from the main subject, but on a car forum most folk will only see the wonderful machine..(-: Finding locations and the time of day can make all the difference, mid-day light is harsh, whereas dawn and dusk can improve not only the light falling on the car but can put a bit of colour in the sky..

The more often you try, the more you will improve.. :thumb:

Its a pic thread lads 8)

Attachments

• 916014f7_b7f3_4cfe_806f_3fd5e6fcdf26_119.jpg
    916014f7_b7f3_4cfe_806f_3fd5e6fcdf26_119.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 2,260
Oops, too much chat perhaps..? I do like to know the story behind the pic, but then that is just me. Should we cut the chat and just post the pics..and is it preferred if the whole car is in the pics... That perhaps being the case I have failed yet again... :)

This one is from another early morning Sunday run on almost my favourite and almost deserted road. Apologies for the quality it is a snapshot from a GoPro vid I was capturing at the time..

Attachments

• movie_0410_186.jpg
    movie_0410_186.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 2,243
4 up school run by turbo s

Attachments

• img_2315_196.jpg
    img_2315_196.jpg
    612.9 KB · Views: 2,230
Had a ropey day at work and didn't feel up to doing any gym stuff in my man cave so I went for plan b and gave the beast a wash down.

Attachments

• 0306625d_9e47_4272_800b_1d28a6d5d64f_152.png
    0306625d_9e47_4272_800b_1d28a6d5d64f_152.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,059

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back