Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Cab..Any experience?

highway

Mexico City
I was a regular here when I had a 993. Sale agreed on my daily and I'm looking for a replacement. I've run two cars for years, but I have use of other cars and I could potentially seek to move to one. This would save me money on additional set of running costs, which has some appeal.
In 993 world, cabs, targas and tips were never popular. The world moves on and though I sense coupes are probably more desirable than cabs, I think I'd like the roof off experience again.
I'd consider a manual, or a 718S for that matter but I've surprised myself in that I fancy PDK now.
Having had the auto option on my last two dailies, I'm in no real hurry to go back to changing gear in traffic.
Anyway, looking for some real world ownership experience of 991 cab.
I had a nasty experience with my last 981S, which needed a new steering rack having covered only 14k. As an out of warranty experience, it wasn't fun.
Is there much real difference between base 991 and an S?
I remember sport chrono used to be considered a 'must have' but I never cared for the look of the stopwatch on the dash and rarely used the sport mode. What, if anything is considered essential spec here?
The rear seats in the 993 were barely suitable for kids. The 991 is a bigger car but I'm guessing rear seats still don't work for anything other than kids? Is the rear seat back rest still almost vertical as in most cabs?

Finally, having spent some time on the classifieds, I'm surprised how few private sales you see now compared to a few years ago. I've no real desire to buy at retail but compared to a few years ago, the amount of private sale cars has really fallen away. I suppose it's the wbac effect.

991.1 S CAB I am selling currently but question wise essential spec is Sports Exhaust, Chrono, park assist for me. In terms of CAB heated seats so can drive top down when cold. A lot of people upgrade radio (I have burmester) but I listen to talk radio type shows 99% of time. Of course preference too

Back seats for small kids tbh not going to get adult sized kids in there. CAB bigger engine, brakes for one. What's thinking of private v trade and would you expect personal sale to be cheaper as can have warranty private but not trade out of OPC.

I can talk about things that I needed to replace if required - padm (twice) pse valves (twice) and brake lines. Also seized stuff underneath needed replaced due to Porsche using chocolate for bits

The 991 cabs are fantastic. Very well made cars in terms of the cab design. :thumbs:

Attachments

• crohqnberza6ijllqcv10a_thumb_d558_191.jpg
    crohqnberza6ijllqcv10a_thumb_d558_191.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 1,355
IMI A said:
The 991 cabs are fantastic. Very well made cars in terms of the cab design. :thumbs:

What colour is that looks kinda Miami blue not not really as bright.

It's a flat colour Gulf Blue. Shamelessly copied from this 917 ;)

Attachments

• ec11a4a8_b862_4873_a5f4_1e76d1789d4c_357.jpeg
    ec11a4a8_b862_4873_a5f4_1e76d1789d4c_357.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 1,335
  • 74a1429a_6a86_4ea9_9e95_58ced45dac35_196.jpeg
    74a1429a_6a86_4ea9_9e95_58ced45dac35_196.jpeg
    792.8 KB · Views: 1,335
As an aside OP there is a 991 Cab ducktail aero kit at 911 Virgin. Looks hot in guards - perfect for the Summer 8)

That gulf blue looks good. I want to be around £50k ish. I value lower miles over a later year- always easier to sell on. Not super fussed about an S or base car- I'll look for whichever is better value. Nice black edition appears to have sold. I'm hoping to buy private with a view to beating trade bids, which will always have to leave room for profit margin. I don't have that concern. My pal has Burmester in his Cayman, and I'd like it in a used car. Rare option on account of cost. No one seems to spec buckets in a cab. Or ventilated seats, which I had once and thought were great on a hot day.

highway said:
.......... I want to be around £50k ish. I value lower miles over a later year- always easier to sell on. Not super fussed about an S or base car- I'll look for whichever is better value .......

I can forsee another long, long search coming Steve. :wink:

Already had been Terry. I've been looking at a number of different options for a while, including replacing my daily. I've long thought prices for used cars are looking at a correction post Covid. Doesn't seem to have happened.

I can not see the gen 1 991 falling in value. Having driven they are more emotional than the 991.2 and 992. The engines are fantastic with PDK really exciting cars at full chat especially in a cab. Good luck with the search I think I'd be going for a 991.1 C4S cab for the wide body but just as happy with a C2S they go like a scolded cat. I really like the look of the cab hood on the 991. Loses that starving horse rib cage look of the 996,997 on the cab hood.

yeh could do a deal and if required a wee deal around travel too. I actually liked picking up car in london and driving it home

Thanks for the offer, I'm really looking for something with lower miles and fewer owners. Your car looks good though, nice spec.

No worries and good luck - make sure for car get underside checked for rust and ask about padm/pse valve replace particularly if other parts bit rusty

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back