Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just had my 996TT 'live mapped'

For all of you looking at TT Tuning have a look at the Turbo Shoot Out Article in the April 2009 Edition of 911 and Porsche World (Apologies to Total 911 :worship: )
Best Regards Big :bye: Bob

Its a v interesting article big bob... wish they'd do the same for the 996tt.... interestingly, the guy that mapped those 9ff cars is the same guy that JZM use if you do your remap through them. He also does the Manthey cars also apparantly.

I've spoken to MRC on the back of Shaky's posts - they seem like real enthusiasts, and do a health check of the car first, pressure test for leaks etc, followed by a custom mapping including on the road mapping to see how it drives and where it needs to be optimised.

Sounds sensible enough to me.

Have also spoken to Paramount tuning (theres an article about their ecu mapping in last mths GTPP mag) who also do live mapping, albeit they don't take car on the road, but use their rolling road, and then tweak the mapping to suit.

Thing is, with everyone now writing their own maps, its nigh on impossible to assess the differences in expertise/capabilities, unless you know of people that have tried them all and experienced their cars.

Which means that at some point, you have to just jump in and take a leap of faith with one of the tuners, and take it from there !

I am leaning towards JZM on the basis that they have the expertise to fix the car if anything goes wrong.... albeit their mapping is significantly more expensive than the others, however, against this, however good their man in Germany is, will it be as good as a custom map ???

Just carrying on this thread - has anyone used Paramount Performance in slough before ? They have a dyno day on Saturday which I'm attending, and they had a feature in GTPP mag last mth I think where a customer had them live map his GT3 RS and 6tt x50 (which went from 474hp to 508hp).

The mapping process sounds similar to what MRC do, excpet that they do not take the car on the road for fine tuning on the move, rather they can do it all in their workshop...

Any experience with these guys ??

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back