Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Imminent Purchase ... HELP/ Advise / Thoughts needed

911DG

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi guys

I've made the 911 vs DB9 decision and I'm getting another 911. I've decided on a 997 C4S and would LOVE some thoughts and advice. I love cabs so that's an easy one. What I'd like to know is, is £28k a good price for the car below?

I am getting a full check done my Strasse of Leeds (anyone know them???) and am looking for advice on what especially to have checked out ? It's a Private sale so I need to make sure it's very thorough!

Any thoughts / advice would be Awesome :) here she is:

Trader: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201705255814027?atmobcid=soc4

Cheers

Dan

I would get the cylinder bores checked for scoring as a must have.

It looks like a well spec'd car so as long as the maintenance history and health check is good I think you're onto a winner. :thumbs:

OP - I don't know anything about Strasse but I can thoroughly recommend Porschtek, also in Leeds. Run by 2 top blokes, both are ex Porsche OPC and have a wealth of knowledge between them.

http://www.porschtek.co.uk/

The ad claims the car has sports exhaust but no sign of PSE tips (that I can see) so worth checking.

If it helps my Indy did the last service on it so it might be worth giving them a call to get their view.

(I'm also likely to be there later this week)

911DG said:
It's a Private sale so I need to make sure it's very thorough!

Hartech use to offer an inspection service of about £300 a few years back where they would go through the car end-to-end and highlight any issues. I used them and they were excellent.

They are an hrs drive from Strasse of Leeds so might be worth putting a call to see if they still do that.

Good luck!!

apollokre1d said:
911DG said:
It's a Private sale so I need to make sure it's very thorough!

Hartech use to offer an inspection service of about £300 a few years back where they would go through the car end-to-end and highlight any issues. I used them and they were excellent.

They are an hrs drive from Strasse of Leeds so might be worth putting a call to see if they still do that.

Good luck!!

I spoke to Baz about inspections a week or two ago. They're up to the gunnels so cannot do inspections without a long wait time. :thumbs:

Desert Dragon said:
I spoke to Baz about inspections a week or two ago. They're up to the gunnels so cannot do inspections without a long wait time. :thumbs:

Oh okay, that is a shame but it is good to know they still provide that service :)

The only comment I would question is do you need 4wd as its extra weight/fuel economy over the 2wd model. All the comments made before make sense (contacting the mechanic who serviced it previously).

OP You have a PM :thumb:

apollokre1d said:
Desert Dragon said:

Oh okay, that is a shame but it is good to know they still provide that service :)

Bought a low miles manual 996 C2 last week for a pal. Wanted an inspection but the car was so nice didn't bother. I have first dibs if he ever sells it but can't see that happening he's so happy. Lovely cars i forgot how amazing they are.

Attachments

• images_156.jpeg
    images_156.jpeg
    7.1 KB · Views: 6,615
I'm wary of any cars that have had the update to Gen 2. In this case, the front has been updated to Gen 2 Aero, whilst the back has has the Dectane style lights added rather than the Gen 2 upgrade like the front.
Makes me think that it may have been in a bingle at the front. I'm sure the PPI will show this I hope if it has.
Borescore is the other key area for me.

FZP said:
Makes me think that it may have been in a bingle at the front. I'm sure the PPI will show this I hope if it has.

:whistle:

Zingari said:
FZP said:

:whistle:
Cynicism - keeping me out of trouble since 87. :thumb:

If the vendor is willing to travel for an inspection, I can heartily recommend Sports and Classic Limited who are located at SK10 4SZ. They provided me with a fantastic next day service and saved me a whole load of grief and expenditure.

http://www.sportsandclassic.com

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back