Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ignore the 458 Ferraris - anybody driven Mercedes AMG GTC

wilpert

Indianapolis
Yes I know i was looking at Ferrari 458 spiders but I am coming to the realisation that I cannot afford one.
WHY i hear you ask?
Too expensive I say:)

Anyway, saw a nice looking Mercedes AMG GTC, nice colour and good spec, uber low mileage and just 2 owners.

anybody driven one or owned one, the reviews that I have read tell me they are a good car but i would love to hear from anybody who has had experience.

Caveat: i reserve the right to change my mind again at no notice whatsoever :)

I note you live in Essex but do you wear garb similar to what Lewis Hamilton wears off duty? If not then a GTC is perhaps not for you.

I've a feeling these drop in value lower than MC Hammer's trouser crotch :what:

I took a GTS for a test drive. Underwhelming as I always felt i was in a C63 throughout the test drive. Fast, but didn't feel dynamic for me

Zingari said:
I note you live in Essex but do you wear garb similar to what Lewis Hamilton wears off duty? If not then a GTC is perhaps not for you.

I've a feeling these drop in value lower than MC Hammer's trouser crotch :what:

:floor:

The hanging crotch is called “sagging”
We know about that in our hood.

Yes, I think the Essex connection is partly responsible as I often go to imperials who get some nice cars in.

I test drove and subsequently am in the market for a GTS - so similar. Car was fast and felt really good to drive, albeit a little less raw than an older 911. It did feel a little soul-less, but no more than any modern sports car (911 included). Steering was a little too light, although I believe the GTC is better. Stopping power was great. Sound was great. Interior was comfy. Personally I think it looks brilliant

Update:

Had a sit in the merc amg GTC and it didn’t do it for me.

Also, sat in a a Cali T, (mines the NA V 8 variant) that didn’t do it for me either, so I’ll stick with the old skool V8 and wait until my 6 numbers come up and then move in to a 458 spider.

P.S. my brakes also squeal like mad it’s a common foible it seems.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back