Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ferrari FF Spanish road trip

MisterCorn said:
Magic919 said:
Good looking car, especially in that colour.

Maybe it's watching too much Harry's Garage, but it does seem like a Ferrari V12 is a sensible GT car.

Best hatchback I've ever had. If ever you are near Nottingham and fancy a look you are welcome to have a poke around. They are genuinely 100% daily usable. Only downside is the size, apart from costs obviously. Fuel economy was never going to be great. My standard references for that are my 560 SEC and SL55. The FF looks like it is between the two at about 20mpg on a run, compared to 17 and 25 in the other two respectively.

MC

I do like a big engined Merc. Took our GL to Scotland and back recently. We have had from new since 2014. An immense car and if with kids (ours are now tall teenagers) we wouldn't take any other car tbh. I can't tell you how comfortable this brute is and if you need a bit of power on a motorway or fast A road it has so much torque on kick down. In fact if sharing a cross continental drive rather than hooning in 997 and 991 I'd always pick this as its first class travel vs economy class in the 911s. It was bucketing down up to Scotland and properly terrible condition roads up there and this thing is peer less in bad weather and potholed roads. Blends in too. Next time try this and leave FF with me. Massage seats with cooling too. If I told you new retail price we paid vs what they actually are today you'd fall of your chair. Reliable too. Never thought I could love an SUV but I'd say this has more character than both our 911 turbos. Obviously if travelling via the Ring and it's only the pair of us without the kids we take our 911s though. No substitute and 911 turbo very good on poor roads and bad weather too. One rule for cars we own. Must be uber useable and have a specific purpose. If we'd not stick to this rule we'd seriously have like 20 cars barely being used which I simply don't understand. Nice to see use like your cross continental trip. Magnificent actually what that FF was designed to do. Trying to add an understated and svelte V12 Fezza myself now as my 911 is mint green and stands out a bit. If I buy V12 will be my first Fezza. Excited!!! ;)

Attachments

• ff07deee_d822_46d5_8842_5691e76fcda6_167.jpeg
    ff07deee_d822_46d5_8842_5691e76fcda6_167.jpeg
    986.1 KB · Views: 2,014
  • be4fc752_5988_48ee_ba65_120126ad4dd3_906.jpeg
    be4fc752_5988_48ee_ba65_120126ad4dd3_906.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,014
  • ecd16538_b465_4f1a_8279_b7e4325b278c_287.jpeg
    ecd16538_b465_4f1a_8279_b7e4325b278c_287.jpeg
    585.4 KB · Views: 2,014
Pig ugly though.

So is a Maybach. When you're sitting in first class seats you couldn't care less. I love the looks personally. Your 996 would be blown into the weeds too on an a road or motorway ;)

Ironic calling someone else car ugly from a 996 owner with british leyland standard interior. Quality comment as always Alex :grin:

IMI A said:
So is a Maybach. When you're sitting in first class seats you couldn't care less. I love the looks personally. Your 996 would be blown into the weeds too on an a road or motorway ;)

Apologies for for touching a nerve. My Mum always said - "honesty's the best policy".

IMI A said:
No nerve touched lol. Work harder mate 8)

For what? You can give me a free 992 turbo tomorrow, in exchange for my 996.

Expect it back tomorrow.

I have everything I want in life, regardless of how pig ugly anyone else may think.

I think with all cars the beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so each to their own. Many modern cars are absolutely fantastic on road trips. I was looking at a 2020 RS4 today and thinking it would probably do most of what the FF does at a lower cost, but it is how I feel about owning it which tips the scales. If my Range Rover hadn't died we would have used that. It would have done the job well but would have been unispiring.

If 996 owners need to work harder then I am stuffed with four of the ugly buggers, I don't want to start working harder!!!

MC

MisterCorn said:
If 996 owners need to work harder then I am stuffed with four of the ugly buggers, I don't want to start working harder!!!

MC

As Liberace once said - "Too much is never enough"

Alex said:
IMI A said:
No nerve touched lol. Work harder mate 8)

For what? You can give me a free 992 turbo tomorrow, in exchange for my 996.

Expect it back tomorrow.

I have everything I want in life, regardless of how pig ugly anyone else may think.

Ha you see thats what the brotherhood likes to brain wash you with when you're walking around with one trouser leg rolled up and tickling each others palms when shaking hands funny and at the same time they're emptying your wallet if you want to go up the chain! The eye of providence such a funny symbol.

On a serious note a few words from a another 911uk member should not bother anyone. My comments tongue and cheek always on these forums. I 100% love a 996 just like you but don't tell anyone pls :hand:

Also respect your "honest" views. As OP says beauty in the eye of the beholder and wealth really not measured in what you have. Its sharing memories on trips like the OPs with friends and family. Amazing amazing amazing as I said first time :wink:

Having said all that malarky I need a Ferrari V12 in my life :floor:

I wasn't bothered, you were.

:)

IMI A said:
Having said all that malarky I need a Ferrari V12 in my life :floor:

I'll settle for one of these:

149181715517217.jpg

Sorry, I had to post another comment, just noticed my post count was on 992 :yuk:

OCD kicking in......bedtime calls. :what:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back