Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello, 993 NOx figures, yes it's ULEZ time

Yes.
I had originally read that only 97 tiptronics would be compliant. But Reading didn’t mention the gearbox so hopefully manuals are ok too.
what spec model do you have and the build month of 1997 if you know this ?

what spec model do you have and the build month of 1997 if you know this ?
993 cab Tiptronic, registered August 1997.

Don’t know the build date, but back in the day I guess they were built and not long after, were registered.

This is at the end of my road. Not very popular.

Attachments

• IMG_4499.png
    IMG_4499.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Yes.
I had originally read that only 97 tiptronics would be compliant. But Reading didn’t mention the gearbox so hopefully manuals are ok too.
Can you extract this bit of your cert?
My reckoning was that NOx 0.178 here is actually HC+NOx figure. And subtracting HC from that would mean 0.178 - 0.112 = 0.066 which is compliant.
The issue I believe is that Testverfahren = "test procedure" and there's no such test procedure as III 94/12EC.
There's Euro II 94/12EC which have results for combined HC+NOx and if put into the wrong cell on Euro III form we'd get this error

1000017598.jpg

Don’t think I can help with the calculation. Mine clearly states the Nox figure 0.045. How they got to it, I have no idea.

Last edited:
Don’t think I can help with the calculation. Mine clearly states the Nox figure 0.045. How they got to it, I have no idea.View attachment 99381
agree, take that as a win, Porsche have provided a manufacturer approved NOx level, that's official

might be the Tiptronic gearing that has it in a higher gear for the required testing speed over a manual ?

However I'm looking to undertake a 993 rolling road (details to follow) where a range of 993's can be tested

Appreciate this intent is dated Aug 2023. Is it still on the radar...? 🤔

agree, take that as a win, Porsche have provided a manufacturer approved NOx level, that's official

might be the Tiptronic gearing that has it in a higher gear for the required testing speed over a manual ?

4 times higher? No way. The earlier test results were clearly faulty.

The calc below of HC + NOx = 0.125 + 0.045 = 0.170. I don't think this is a coincidence and I sincerely believe in the earlier car they entered the total HC+NOx into the NOx field by mistake.

My certificate has HC 0.112. which makes sense for manual being more efficient, not less.

And then in my certificate they put 0.178 into the NOx field.
If it were done correctly my NOx would be 0.066 and a pass.
Porsche needs to step in here and fix things.

Don’t think I can help with the calculation. Mine clearly states the Nox figure 0.045. How they got to it, I have no idea.

View attachment 99381

(Edit: corrected more typo than in our compliance certificates)

Last edited:
P.s. the copy from Porsche last year matches the original from 1996 in my log book exactly

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back