Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

'99 3.4 NOx Emissions Spec

I spoke with Porsche UK about this, my car is a South Africa spec vehicle, apparently Certificates of Conformity simply don't exist for these (Porsche UK order them from Porsche DE, who only produce them for EU spec vehicles).

It therefore looks like I am stuck - unless anyone has a cunning suggestion?

(I'm sure it's the same 3.4 litre engine as the EU ones).

Just by way of update, TFL have rejected my paperwork without any specific reason, just stating that it isn't compliant (it is). Written back to them pointing out that 0.063 is less than 0.08g/km...... :?:

Let's see what happens...!

aerokit said:
Just by way of update, TFL have rejected my paperwork without any specific reason, just stating that it isn't compliant (it is). Written back to them pointing out that 0.063 is less than 0.08g/km...... :?:

Let's see what happens...!

Interestingly this happened to me when I was getting my 2000 996 Turbo made exempt around September of this year.

They rejected it twice for no justifiable reason. I had the Porsche Cert. Of Conf. and it clearly stated the NOx was fine. 3rd time around they confirmed it was all good. I spoke to them twice too. Apparently my first application had documents that I sent electronically that were too large.

(Also weirdly when I bought my Turbo in August 2020, when I plugged the VRM into the TFL Ulez checker it showed as exempt. Then all of a sudden in July of this year the same check yielded a non exempt result)

Previous to the Turbo I applied to get my 98 Carrera exempt, it was straight forward with just the one attempt by me and exemption followed shortly thereafter.

Persevere with TFL...you'll get it over the line! If you need any assistance PM me and I can share my correspondence with them, with you, if required.

berni29 said:
Hi

That's interesting. I got a cert of conformity from Porsche (free) for my 2003 2.7 986 Boxster and have posted it off to TFL. It's V5 was also blank for the NOx figures, so was not exempt (it should be).

I wonder what the NOx for my 993 is!

All the best

Berni

993 is not ULEZ exempt unfortunately.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=141575

I received the CoC from Porsche for my 2001 996.1 C4 3.4 and it's showing 0.09 for NOx, 0.01 above the requirement! However other CoCs show much lower figures. Has anyone else seen a gen 1 3.4 also being just above the Euro 4 requirement?

Attachments

• img_8917_186.jpg
    img_8917_186.jpg
    542.1 KB · Views: 4,401
Earlier in this thread "Mallone" had a similar issue which was deemed by Porsche GB to be incorrect docs sent by the factory in Germany. They subsequently sent through correct paperwork it seems. Contacting Porsche GB might be a good starting point.

I went back to Porsche GB querying the results and they sent it to Germany who had a check and said it's all correct. So I'm in this odd position where other 996's, even earlier ones, are ULEZ exempt but mine is not!

Are the other cars C2 or C4? I can see a C4 perhaps being slightly higher (as with fuel consumption) due to extra drag and weight through the 4wd.

In my case it was quite obvious that the numbers weren't adding up correctly, but yours look like they do (unfortunately).

My car is a C2, so Griffters comment about the extra emissions from a C4 could be correct. I don't know if the other cars we've seen get an exemption are C2 or C4...

I have a 911 C4 and a 986 3.2S

The boxster is ULEZ compliant - the boxa.net thread is very useful.

Very difficult to be specific as to whether a car is compliant as it depends on very granular options - wheel size, air con, electric options, aero etc. These affect the HC emissions

Porsche are pretty good at supplying CoC. TfL updated the boxster as compliant within 24h to their credit.

Guy

i went to the out east meet in March driving my 2001 C2, didn't even think to look in to the ULEZ, found out a couple of days later by the nice people at TFL that my car isn't compliant and given an £80 fine! i then stumbled across the thread Mallone started on pistonheads and then contacted porsche for letter of conformity, my cars data was

CO 0.480
HC 0.106
NOx 0.086
HC+NOx 0.192
particulates 0.000

I rang Porsche and was told my figures are correct and it's done on chassis number rather than across the board for all 996 C2s, does seem strange though that my car is knocking out over 50% more NOx than Mallones, what do you guys think?

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me....!

There's no way an earlier car like mine is compliant and a later car isn't. Yours isn't something exotic like an X51 is it?

I just convinced the DVLA that my car is also exempt from all of the other CAZ's thorough the UK.

Maybe I got lucky with my certificate...

no X51unfortunatly, it is speed yellow though, maybe TFL trying to keep the bright ones out!

Mallone said:
Just to close this off for anyone else in the same boat as me and shalmaneser.

I got the same emissions data as above from Porsche but queried it as it didn't seem to add up correctly.

Contacted Porsche GB and they got in touch with the factory and have asked for a bit more info as they agreed the paperwork might not be right.

They came back last week and confirmed the initial data they sent me was wrong and sent through some new emissions paperwork from Germany.

Sent that on to TFL pointing out that the NOx levels were on par with the Euro 4 spec a couple of days ago and I just got the nod back that it's now exempt. Result! Means I don't have to think about selling her on just yet.

Basically I think every 3.4 996 is likely compliant as long as you can get the right paperwork from Porsche :thumbs:

Hi mate,

If you're still here - just wondering how you approached Porsche with regards to querying the NOx levels?

I've had a COC through for my 2001 C4 and, so far, it isn't looking very good with regards to ULEZ.

Cheers,

Lew

BlueCat86 said:
Mallone said:
Just to close this off for anyone else in the same boat as me and shalmaneser.

I got the same emissions data as above from Porsche but queried it as it didn't seem to add up correctly.

Contacted Porsche GB and they got in touch with the factory and have asked for a bit more info as they agreed the paperwork might not be right.

They came back last week and confirmed the initial data they sent me was wrong and sent through some new emissions paperwork from Germany.

Sent that on to TFL pointing out that the NOx levels were on par with the Euro 4 spec a couple of days ago and I just got the nod back that it's now exempt. Result! Means I don't have to think about selling her on just yet.

Basically I think every 3.4 996 is likely compliant as long as you can get the right paperwork from Porsche :thumbs:

Hi mate,

If you're still here - just wondering how you approached Porsche with regards to querying the NOx levels?

I've had a COC through for my 2001 C4 and, so far, it isn't looking very good with regards to ULEZ.

Cheers,

Lew

I think I just phoned Porsche GB in the first instance who put me in touch with someone who could help over email.

It all took a bit of explaining, and really they are only acting as a middle man with the factory in Germany, but were pretty helpful overall.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back