Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Group Buy DSC V1. 2020 updated for 2022

That's one I hadn't thought about......checking m8ne hasn't been upgraded already!!! Have to have a look tomorrow.😡😡😡

Boydyrs said:
That's one I hadn't thought about......checking m8ne hasn't been upgraded already!!! Have to have a look tomorrow.😡😡😡

Haha no me neither! But the car feels very solid with sports PASM switched on so I'm pretty confident it hasn't been!

My office is only about 1 mile from 9e so picked mine up on Friday.

Took about 20mins to swap to the DSC , The connectors can be a bit fiddly as the have to slide up, the off.

After a 70 mile drive yesterday could definitely feel the difference, takes the edge off the bumps and ripples in the road surface.

Mine car is a 991, and it was the V3 DSC module I fitted

so, does it come 'out of the box' with normal mode settings and 'sports mode' settings and it works in the same way as it did before?
I assume you can, should you want to, tweak both of these "profiles"?

is it possible to have different profiles activated by different button pushes (ie hold down the pasm button etc)

thefunkygibbon said:
so, does it come 'out of the box' with normal mode settings and 'sports mode' settings and it works in the same way as it did before?

is it possible to have different profiles activated by different button pushes (ie hold down the pasm button etc)

The standard setting comes on with the ignition. You select 'Sports' suspension mode by pressing the 'Sports' suspension button. It does its magic all by itself. In both modes you can feel it doing its thing whether you are accelerating, breaking, cruising and cornering.

The 'Sports' mode for the engine/gearbox works independently on its own button.

T8 said:
thefunkygibbon said:

The standard setting comes on with the ignition. You select 'Sports' suspension mode by pressing the 'Sports' suspension button. It does its magic all by itself. In both modes you can feel it doing its thing whether you are accelerating, breaking, cruising and cornering.

got ya. pushing sports mode usually turns on sports suspension though, is that not the case any longer?

thefunkygibbon said:
T8 said:
thefunkygibbon said:

got ya. pushing sports mode usually turns on sports suspension though, is that not the case any longer?

Sorry, I confused myself there. :oops:

If you press the 'Sport' button you get Sports Suspension and Engine/Gearbox Sports mode.

You can then toggle the Sports suspension off and back on again by pressing the button with the suspension unit symbol on it. The dash display briefly tells you which you have selected.

It also remembers what setting you had on before ignition off unlike the OEM PASM controller which always defaulted back to normal on ignition on :wink:

Re the software you can get different maps to download from the website or if you have more time / interest you can download the programming software to design your own normal and sport maps ......they are great fun to play around with and learn......I ended up with my own maps (on a 987 boxster) as the default are 997 maps and I don't think properly accounted for rougher road conditions in the UK than the US ie I adjusted for weight and 'bumps" to suit me / my car / local roads to me. :typing:

Ace. Can't wait to fiddle with it.
So did anyone receive their tracking numbers today as promised?

received it just now. woohoo :) seems very light and not much to it (compared to the existing one) will fit it and test later and give some initial trip reports

check out the downloads section on https://www.dscsport.com/ for programming software and calibration files......nb most of these are written for american roads ;-)

jonttt said:
check out the downloads section on https://www.dscsport.com/ for programming software and calibration files......nb most of these are written for american roads ;-)
just checked and can only see the 1 thats relavent, wouldn't that be whats on the box by default already since its got 997.2 on the side of the unit in sharpie?
02-12-20 V1 997.2 Carrera, S, Turbo, Turbo S, GT2, GT3, GT3RS, 4.0. New G-Table in Sport Mode 'GRS"

Yes it should be ........but I like to play around.......so I got to know the software and how the various settings work and played around to create my own calibration file :wink:

....it looks like they have added extra features to a new version of the software (feb 2020) with new calibration files to use those new settings...also they have done a specific 987 file .........so will give me something new to play around with if/when I get chance :bandit:

is there some kind of guide as to what actually you're supposed to when you get your new dsc unit? i mean are you supposed to check firmware, apply updates etc, zero the dampers? blah blah blah

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back