Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DSC Sport Module Installation & Tweaking

thefunkygibbon

Spa-Francorchamps
To save messing up the Group buy pages, i thought i'd move this into its own thread.

I've a few questions for those who use this as the documentation is seemingly a little sparse, especially for those who are just installing it.

a few questions that i have and happy to edit the this first post to make it into more of a FAQ about it.

* Firmware on unit is Ver 997 2.1 V 5-13-19 ENC LNC *65535*
is that the latest?
i see that there is a 997_5N_20S_G RollSport_NOLNC_02-12-2020.pdts file available on the files part of the dsc website.
I'm assuming that the 'map' file is different to the 'firmware', right?

* it mentions in the settings that there are essentially 3 maps on the unit at any time, normal, sport and track. i'm assuming normal is when the 911 doesnt have the pasm light on, sport is when pasm button pressed and light is on, but how would you go about activating the 3rd map?

* both downloading my existing maps and looking at the above pdts file, there doesn't seem to be any setting changes which consider the acceleration or steering values. (ie all values are 0%). I thought that these units consider these and the default maps would too? is this not the case and are only considered if you were to make your own custom map?

I fully intend this to be a fire and forget solution, but i just wanted all my ducks in a row before i put it in my car (since i don't have a windows laptop to connect it to to change settings whilst it is in-situ.

Answers from DSC:

# that is latest firmware and that will be applied to all units
# the latest map file will have been applied too
# there is no longer 3 maps on box, just 2 normal and sport activated in the way you would expect with pasm
# accel tab is only used for those with the launch control module
# steering is only really for front engined cars

In the IT world, Hardware is the physical components. Firmware is the operating system for the hardware to make it work, and Software ( Maps ) are for altering the functionality that the unit has been designed to do.

Edit :- I bought in the previous GB and it is news to me that there are 3 maps? I think that there is nowhere enough difference between normal and sport now, so will be watching this with great interest :thumb:

thefunkygibbon said:
* it mentions in the settings that there are essentially 3 maps on the unit at any time, normal, sport and track. i'm assuming normal is when the 911 doesnt have the pasm light on, sport is when pasm button pressed and light is on, but how would you go about activating the 3rd map?

I assume for people like me whom have sport plus?

I too have sport plus. 997.2 with chrono. But afaik activsted that just turns pasm "on" , or it is off. Pasm is either on or off via the pasm button
I've already played with that and can't see any difference between normal amd sports mode (pasm being off)

How does it behave for you with the dsc unit?

Its still in the unopened box at work where the delivery driver left it :floor:

Wont fit it for a little while yet :thumb:

Out of interest how do you KNOW it isnt activating the 3rd map when you press sport plus?

Well it doesnt behave any differently. I mean i guess it could be and the maps are the same , but they don't seem to be in the all.

I've had an email back from dsc team and they clarified that there are only 2 maps. There used to be 3 (still not sure how you would activate the 3rd) .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back