Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Foxwell NT680 or NT530?

ochayethen00

Trainee
I've been googling this all night and can't find an answer :pc:

Does anyone use a Foxwell NT680 for coding? I need to code out PASM and potentially other things in the future. I'd like a kit that will work on other makes of cars not just the Porsche. I see the NT530 is very good for the 997 however you have to add on other brands of vehicles at a cost.

They definitely both work for diagnostics, just can't find a definitive answer if the NT680 can be used for coding.

Managed to get in touch with Foxwell. The NT530 is better for coding, the NT680 covers a wide range of cars but does not have as in depth coding abilities.

ochayethen00 said:
Managed to get in touch with Foxwell. The NT530 is better for coding, the NT680 covers a wide range of cars but does not have as in depth coding abilities.

Did you get the NT530? If so, what do you think of it?

I did yes. I actually used it last night for the first time, coded off PASM as I've fitted coilovers. Couldn't have been easier, seems a great bit of kit for the price of it. Not to sure on the diagnostic front as my cars still in a million bits...

ochayethen00 said:
I did yes. I actually used it last night for the first time, coded off PASM as I've fitted coilovers. Couldn't have been easier, seems a great bit of kit for the price of it. Not to sure on the diagnostic front as my cars still in a million bits...

Would you mind me asking how much you paid?

I ordered one online but got an email a week later saying it was out of stock and they weren't sure when they would get it back in. I got one off ebay in the end, it had porsche software uploaded already. They do come up now and again if your in no rush I'd keep an eye out on ebay. Think I paid less than £100.

ochayethen00 said:
I ordered one online but got an email a week later saying it was out of stock and they weren't sure when they would get it back in. I got one off ebay in the end, it had porsche software uploaded already. They do come up now and again if your in no rush I'd keep an eye out on ebay. Think I paid less than £100.

That's very helpful thanks!

Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like just what I'm looking for, now I just need to find one for a reasonable price... :eek:

ochayethen00 said:

Bargain! Had mine for a while now and does pretty much everything I need it to. If you do any work on your own car it's worth every penny :thumb:

I bought mine from cardiagtool.co.uk for 147 euros last year - neat bit of kit

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back