Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fitting Engine Mounts

Moko

Nurburgring
Hi I have just received the RS Engine mounts for my C2.

I have never tried fitting these before but have watched the usual YouTube videos but all of them seem to miss out the location of the bottom washer as shown in the photo below.

Should the washer be at the very bottom of the bolt and fit between the car and the hex nut? Or should it be fitted next to the bottom very large washer (close to my thumb in photo) and the hex nut should tighten directly to the car chassis?

Hope that explains clearly what I'm confused about any advice gratefully received.

Attachments

• 3f41fa50_bf33_4b40_ad3e_122d65a96aa4_190.jpeg
    3f41fa50_bf33_4b40_ad3e_122d65a96aa4_190.jpeg
    545.1 KB · Views: 1,278
I used this diagram to help work out what went where when doing mine....

GoFapR7h.png

The lower washer 7D should go where your thumb (ie is above the chassis), only the flanged nut goes below it as per the diagram posted above.

Thanks guys that makes sense I can crack on with the change now.

Just remember be really careful torq the smaller bolts, as they are fragile and I snapped one off and it took evenings of drilling etc.

Hi torque for the small bolts is 23ft/lb or 30nM so I'm not going to go any further than that

Let us (me!) know what you think of the ride after you're finished. I am thinking of fitting some.

Sure will do...not sure how much driving I will be doing in it over the next few weeks

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back