Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finally, my first Porsche!

Having had my midnight blue 997 for a whole week now, I can agree...best colour! Seems to be a different colour every day.

I never thought I'd find something I liked as much as my last (Altas) one.

Enjoy!

Just a bit of an update of ownership...

I've had the car now for around 5 months and absolutely loving it. With the ongoing lockdowns etc I haven't been up to much other than washing it so I thought I'd get the items picked up on the PPI sorted.

I got the 6 ignition coils fitted - decent price from Euro Car Parts a few months back, managed to 60% off - think I got all 6 (Beru) for around £160. I got my local indy to fit them and at the same time he wax-oiled the cross over pipes and brake lines.

From doing a bit of research on the forum about things to look out for... I thought I'd remove the rear wheels and liners and have a little look... Glad I did! There must have been about a kilo of gunk stuck in both sides! And the bracket that holds the mud flap / guards to the body work has started to corrode! Time for some new ones!

It's had a fair few baths over the winter months, trying to keep the salt at bay. Midnight blue is hard to keep clean, but it does look beautiful when it's nice and shiny!

On my previous car, Z4, I had wanted to have the steering wheel retrimmed but never got around to doing it, so when got the 911 I thought I'd go for this time!

I went for the exchange service from Royal Steering Wheels – steering wheel, handbrake, gearstick and arm rest. I am very happy indeed. I went for dark grey alcantara with grey stitching an orange racing strip for a splash of colour! I think it looks great against the slate grey interior.

A few photos

Attachments

• clean_1_764.jpg
    clean_1_764.jpg
    598.3 KB · Views: 2,087
  • clean_2_533.jpg
    clean_2_533.jpg
    793 KB · Views: 2,087
  • clean_3_578.jpg
    clean_3_578.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,087
A few photos of the mud guards

Attachments

• dirty_1_540.jpg
    dirty_1_540.jpg
    643.9 KB · Views: 2,083
  • dirty_2_812.jpg
    dirty_2_812.jpg
    892.6 KB · Views: 2,083
A few photos of the steering wheel etc

Attachments

• steering_wheel_1_117.jpg
    steering_wheel_1_117.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 2,075
  • steering_wheel_2_199.jpg
    steering_wheel_2_199.jpg
    610.8 KB · Views: 2,075
  • steering_wheel_3_784.jpg
    steering_wheel_3_784.jpg
    533.3 KB · Views: 2,075
  • steering_wheel_4_124.jpg
    steering_wheel_4_124.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 2,075
  • steering_wheel_5_213.jpg
    steering_wheel_5_213.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 2,075
Beautiful all round. Midnight blue is definitely the best colour :D

Attachments

• 26a15b2c_2fbf_4d2e_816e_9cc4dd13a7ba_167.jpeg
    26a15b2c_2fbf_4d2e_816e_9cc4dd13a7ba_167.jpeg
    526.3 KB · Views: 895
Wow looks great! Those little back seats must come into their own with little people that age.

What sort of ball park are you looking at with the exchange service on all of those lovely interior items?! If you don't mind me asking.

tom_nieto said:

Couldn't agree more, love how it looks black in some light and really blue in others!
Love your wheels by the way, I'd love a set of those on my car but they never seem to come up for sale.

The return of Marty Wild said:
Wow looks great! Those little back seats must come into their own with little people that age.

What sort of ball park are you looking at with the exchange service on all of those lovely interior items?! If you don't mind me asking.

The steering wheel, gearstick and gaiter, handbrake handle and handbrake cover and armrest cost £380 plus postage. An additional refundable £250 deposit is required for the exchange service.

Does look the absolute business. Thanks for the heads up!

EJL said:
tom_nieto said:

Couldn't agree more, love how it looks black in some light and really blue in others!
Love your wheels by the way, I'd love a set of those on my car but they never seem to come up for sale.

My gen1 was midnight ,its a lovely colour and the more you wax and polish it the deeper it gets and the metal flake starts to pop.

and welcome to the blue is the new black group :grin: :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• 28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_504.jpg
    28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_504.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 768
  • img_0228_951_195.jpg
    img_0228_951_195.jpg
    986.2 KB · Views: 766
EJL said:
tom_nieto said:

Thanks! I got so lucky with the spec of mine! I am beginning to really love the lobster claws though... I think that with the centres in body colour with a polished rim they're the business. Not seen that in dark blue as I recall. Carrera sport wheels are the number one though!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeilHarbidge
Back