Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Enlighten me, please.

Les Richards

Nurburgring
What's the significance of DAS-6 concerning machine polishers?

Based on my limited knowledge dual action DAS-6 don't just rotate in the same direction, they oscillates to avoid swirl marks etc

Yes, it is dual action polisher, very popular model. I have one.

MC

MisterCorn said:
Yes, it is dual action polisher, very popular model. I have one.

MC

Would you care to share details so I'd know what to look for, please?

Look up Junkman2000 on YouTube, he has loads of videos covering machine polishing. The big advantage of a DA is that you would need to have fists of ham to mess up your car.

MC

I'm thinking about a DeWalt dual action, a bit pricey but I already have the 18V XR system with drills and multi-tool etc.. A bare unit is around £180 but cordless which is a big plus.. :dont know:

I don't think there's any right or wrong answer here. For me personally, I just couldn't stomach the cost of a cordless machine(s) at the time. After several years I now have a collection of 4 corded machines in various sizes. Broadly speaking, there's very little performance differences in corded versus cordless.

Paint correction / polishing is very rewarding, but also very time-consuming and quite costly. As a hobbyist, my machines only get used every couple of years at most, or when I change cars. If I were a professional, then I can certainly see the appeal of cordless. That said, cordless machines are becoming cheaper over time. Ultimately, you pays your money and you takes your choice!

I have a Rupes LH15 MK2 (from memory) great machine. :thumb:

OttoOtto said:
I'm thinking about a DeWalt dual action, a bit pricey but I already have the 18V XR system with drills and multi-tool etc.. A bare unit is around £180 but cordless which is a big plus.. :dont know:
DeWalt DCM848 battery dual action a great job for home/enthusiast use. :thumb:

+1 for Rupes. I also have their mini LHR 75 and that is superb for getting into those tight spaces. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back