Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Design911 Bucket Seats (GT3 Reps)

crash7 said:
The first link is of the items I already have to mount the runners to the floor and these are the what I see as the weak point on my current setup, there are only 3 studs per bracket that from memory are around M6, I would rather them be M10.

Grind off the studs and drill your own holes to suit whichever side mounts you settle on. M8 is fine. I've just been through all this in my quest to get the seats low enough for me to wear a helmet in the car ! I ended up with:

The BK floor adapters that I linked to (wanted 6pt harnesses, couldn't find a better solution)
Generic side mounts (because I knew I'd be modifying them a bit, didn't want to ruin expensive ones)
Bimarco Futura seats (very good value for FIA approved seats, and taller than most seats)
Schroth harnesses (s/h because I don't need in-date FIA, Schroth because they're top quality, previous TRS ones were disappointing)

Attachments

• seat_157.jpg
    seat_157.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 3,741
HSC911 said:
On a side note, I am getting the seat belt blocks and bolts CNC machined along with the side brackets to OEM spec...so watch this space :)

I'll be interested to see those. The seatbelt mount is the one part I'm not entirely happy with in my install.

Sundayjumper said:
HSC911 said:
On a side note, I am getting the seat belt blocks and bolts CNC machined along with the side brackets to OEM spec...so watch this space :)

I'll be interested to see those. The seatbelt mount is the one part I'm not entirely happy with in my install.

Ditto, HSC keep up in the loop!

SJ - Talk to me about your cage, Safety Devices? Bolt in? Any chassis mods required? Fitting Issues? Weight? Thoughts? etc etc!! :D

crash7 said:
SJ - Talk to me about your cage, Safety Devices? Bolt in? Any chassis mods required? Fitting Issues? Weight? Thoughts? etc etc!! :D

Get yourself to Bedford on 4th June and see it yourself :thumb:

I did a write up of the cage at the time It's around somewhere but the photos will have disappeared now as the host website got turned off :(

In brief...

Safety Devices rear cage via GSM Performance. Custom ordered without brackets for front cage, and painted silver instead of the usual black. Was just over £500 IIRC. Couple of months lead time, partly because I ordered just before the factory summer shutdown !

It's bolt in, but does require two pads to be welded in for the lower feet. Rear feet attach to strut tops; needed a bit of fettling on mine. Need to remove rear seats. Apart from that, all the original trim goes back in. Carpet can be cut to fit around the cage. Quite a neat fit overall.

I DIYed it but it was quite long winded. Talk to your favourite tuna to get a fitting price if you don't fancy doing it.

Attachments

• cage_987.jpg
    cage_987.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 3,714
Marky911 said:
They were done by Simon Lee at Hide N Seat in County Durham.

....... stuff ......

This is superb. The guy is a craftsman and an artist. No wonder he's got a long waiting list.

I hope he's got a few apprentice so we won't lose these kind of skills in the next generation.

Y2K said:
crash7 said:

Also that :D

Sundayjumper said:
I did a write up of the cage at the time It's around somewhere but the photos will have disappeared now as the host website got turned off :(

In brief...

Safety Devices rear cage via GSM Performance. Custom ordered without brackets for front cage, and painted silver instead of the usual black. Was just over £500 IIRC. Couple of months lead time, partly because I ordered just before the factory summer shutdown !

It's bolt in, but does require two pads to be welded in for the lower feet. Rear feet attach to strut tops; needed a bit of fettling on mine. Need to remove rear seats. Apart from that, all the original trim goes back in. Carpet can be cut to fit around the cage. Quite a neat fit overall.

I DIYed it but it was quite long winded. Talk to your favourite tuna to get a fitting price if you don't fancy doing it.

That looks sweet and a third of the cost of the Tequip item that offers less triangulation and rigidity!

If I can make it on the 4th I will, would be keen to take a look, do you know what it weights?

17.3kg for the cage plus about 900g for the weld-in brackets. And whatever the bolts weigh, if you're going that far.

Minus the weight of the rear seats as they won't fit any more !

Sundayjumper said:

In brief...

That looks great, and much better than the Techequipment cage.

This i will be contacting GSM about getting one of those.

Not a bad weight either especially when the heavy standard seats are removed.

Y2K said:

Perfect...Crash7, make sure you come too 8)

I live 3 miles from the track so if anyone wants to see OEM seats compared to the replica ones then this works out well...

Even more amazing is that PopPopBangBang is based at Bedford Autodrome so we can pick his brains about the rep seats too :thumbs:

I love it when a plan comes together :thumb:

HSC911 said:
Even more amazing is that PopPopBangBang is based at Bedford Autodrome so we can pick his brains about the rep seats too :thumbs:

Didn't know that; always thought he's based at Silverstone.

4th June the more the merrier :thumb: It's with Javelin.

Damn it. That's the one bad thing about living up north. All the circuits and meets are miles away.

Will be a good day to compare notes. Enjoy. :thumb:

Y2K said:
HSC911 said:

Didn't know that; always thought he's based at Silverstone.

4th June the more the merrier :thumb: It's with Javelin.

Top of page 9:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=110603&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=160

Could be in between the 2 :dont know:

Anyway, if you are at the track then I will show you their workshop :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back