Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Design911 Bucket Seats (GT3 Reps)

Hi Marty
I'm dashing to work soon but you should only have wiring to the belt buckle on drivers seat.
I left all that on the seat and stored it away for the future, then bought a second hand passenger buckle for the new drivers seat.

You can unplug any of the connectors without throwing a warning light.
APART from if they are ORANGE! Orange is the airbag circuit.

Good luck. :thumb:

PS. Hi Chris your new seats sound good. Looking forward to some pics. 8)

Marty I've just spotted your PM. Anymore queries you know where I am. :thumb:

I bought a (991) left hand seat belt receiver, which has no wiring.

The plug under the seat which is part of the chassis wiring I wrapped in foam and zip-tied to a conduit that is under the seat to prevent rattles.

No lights on the dash, everything works fine.

However- I have no airbag, I'd be worried that with no seat occupant weight sensor being triggered you may not fire the drivers airbag in a crash- or that might be bollocks.

MrC986 said:
My new Cobra Nogaro 'Street" seats are installed with runners (not by me) & it's either the placebo effect or they have genuinely transformed how I feel about the handling of the car & it's connection to me.

It's obvious how much lower I sit by how much further I have to reach to press the button to leave the car park. I'll get the tape measure out shortly though there is some adjustment in the seat depending on which holes you use on the side mounts & I'll get a photo loaded when it's light enough to get a reasonable image.

Can you take photos of the sidemounts and runners please. Also one with the seat as far forward as it can go with the space into the back.

Thanks guys, with a bit or moral support from in-house legend deMort, I managed to unplug just the seatbelt spar from the loom. So now I can advertise as just needing the seatbelt plugging into the block or having seen these replies, guess while they're waiting to sell... I could buy another second hand one and wire it back in?!

Cheers anyways, took me a long old time to remove the seat, remove the rails, set the new chair up. And I'm not there yet.... still needs putting into the car. Do I remember some talk of needing to adjust the rails to either get it back into the car or was it fore/aft adjustment working nicely? Either way, I'm not out of the woods yet.

Wish me luck!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back