Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Come on team help me out !!!

Silver 997

Silver 997 man, 60k

Attachments

• 30ac2edf_eaf7_4d25_98b0_7c4e981b3848_291.png
    30ac2edf_eaf7_4d25_98b0_7c4e981b3848_291.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,189

Grey 997

Attachments

• 303b2eec_c4be_4a1f_bb8c_043cb37b837a_116.png
    303b2eec_c4be_4a1f_bb8c_043cb37b837a_116.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,172
996 c4s v 997

So both cars look great , I like the grey .... Good to have your views , both cars on the Eporsch site. Would be good if anyone has any history with these cars .

Cheers Chris

Both cars look OK but your not comparing apples with apples, the 996 C4S based on the wide body shares the turbo platform, brakes, wide body, suspension.

It looks different to a standard 911

It's like comparing a 997 turbo to that of a 997 GT3 ? Although similar they are not the same.

Some of the comments in the thread reflect this as the cars you're looking at are a bit meh ? You're not getting the Carrera 4S look or feel as the standard trim on a 4S is pretty good.
How do these other 2 cars compare ? Have you looked at a 997.1 C4S to see how this stacks up against your 996 ? Does it look more attractive Visually ? Is the spec over or above your current car ?

Hi

So firstly Eporsche are great I bought my 996 C4s from them which came with an in house warranty. Great bunch of guys.

Now having had a 996 c4s imho it is a better looking car over a 997.1 c2/c4s etc I also believe it will be a better long term asset. Having said that I traded up to a 997TT. Diff kettle of fish tho.

I guess you have the itch tho and I'm sure we all on this forum know when the itch starts it's gonna happen anyway.

Either car, it's a 911. Enjoy

Re: Two more to look at

Smiffy2303 said:
So the search continues ..... Eporsch have two 997 in stock , silver Manuel 56 reg with 60k on clock and a dark grey 54 ref tip same miles , both look good and a garage with a very good rep..... let me know your thoughts !!

Cheers Chris

My thoughts are that when I phoned up about a 3.8S 6 years ago, they didn't want to know about bore scoring. Didn't check for it (boroscope) didn't warrant against it.
Maybe things have changed in the meantime but it put me right off.

That said, all the cars you're looking at are susceptible, but if it bothers you, you should be asking about it.

Lukec4s : the guys seem to know there stuff ,the in house warranty is also a massive plus and there is a chance it can be extended to a year !!. They borescope now as a matter of course and address any work needed prior to the car going out !!, they have a good rep that they want to keep . I think your also right , the C4S is a great car but I think you have hit the mail square on ...... I like to chance my cars, if I could keep the 996 and get a 997 then that would be the perfect solution ( but I'm not made of money !!) . I know the cars are different , probably don't drive the same and will differ is desirability but I like the brand and want to stay with it !.I will take mine down and have a good look at Eporch stock and take it from there, I'm not going to rush in and if I still ha e the 996 in another 6 months then so be it !!!.

Cheers

Chris

I'd keep the 996 or go 997.2 :thumb:

I'd keep the 996.

I've driven plenty of 997.1s in an earlier life and they all felt like a cheaper car inside to me, especially the plastic interior door handles vs metal in the 996.

I view changing into a 997 from a perfectly good 996 as spending more money on essentially the same car but with some headlights that other drivers may prefer the look of.

Keep the 996. C4S vs C4S I'd keep the 996 purely on looks alone (and that's coming from a 997 owner)

Keep the 996 and spend the money on a Hartech 3.9 conversion. It'll be like having a new car but with the C4S body and brakes etc.Why trade a special 911 for a boggo standard one?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back