Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Colour

MaxA said:
My 997 is Carrara White (with a dark blue interior, which some assume is just black), which I love, but I'm drawn to the Forest and Olive Greens, as well as Teal. And there are some great blues, but as Tony suggests, you need to look at the combination of interior and exterior colours, as some of the interiors look plain, and some just look awful, or just don't work in combination.

For example, I struggle with the beige (especially on a light exterior, such as the 'desert spec' white over beige), and I can't handle the light grey (I wouldn't touch it on any car - they look like old Toyotas). The 'dead whale' (black over red) can be a bit much as well.

It's easy to dismiss the silvers and greys, and then you see a Seal Grey over the peanut/mid-brown interior, and it looks great ... and it starts all over again.

But I reckon an Olive or Forest over tan looks great on a road car.

tom_nieto said:
Mine's midnight blue and it looks stunning. It's a ***** to keep clean though! Also have a blue soft top and ocean interior, so triple blue. Makes a nice change from the black on black cars that seem to dominate.

I think dark green with copper/gold wheels would be a lovely combo for a coupe with some subtle bodywork tweaks.
:thumbs:

My problem is when the time comes to pick a colour it's going to be Very limited. As I will be aiming for a 997.2 Carrera S Manual. Doing early home work, there isn't much choice & the price shoots up with right options & in very good condition with low -ish miles. :dont know:

With used cars the choice of colour is inevitably at best a secondary consideration.
Buy on condition and service history.

You can always spray or wrap it.

Oh, and Ipaneama blue PTS :D

Slate Grey is very nice, but not available on the Gen 2. Meteor Grey isn't too bad! :wink: Atlas is unique too.

Midnight Blue looks great; and I've always fancied Aqua Blue...

Slate Grey is very nice, but not available on the Gen 2. Meteor Grey isn't too bad! :wink: Atlas is unique too.

Midnight Blue looks great; and I've always fancied Aqua Blue...

My C4S is black on black, wouldn't be my choice but I bought on condition and service history within my specific budget.

Just to clarify my choice of interior would definitely be black but with a more eye catching exterior colour, guards red is probably my favourite.

GT Silver is a great colour

I used to have a midnight blue 997 that looked nice but was a ***** to keep clean. I never was a fan of silver but I prefer my new to me 997 that is in Platinum Silver compared to the blue. Love the way it changes colour from GT Silver to get when overcast to bronze at sunset. Also it's a doddle to keep clean and it hides the dirt well.

Leephoto said:
My problem is when the time comes to pick a colour it's going to be Very limited. As I will be aiming for a 997.2 Carrera S Manual. Doing early home work, there isn't much choice & the price shoots up with right options & in very good condition with low -ish miles. :dont know:

I always wanted a red or yellow, but never for sale, so got a Midnight Blue. Just was not loving it, so wrapped it yellow and BOOM :)

Just raising this option as a potential way around your dilema.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back