Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coil Packs

Beru or Bosch. try carparts4less and use their discount code off the front page.

Thanks Alex,

Is there any major difference between the Original Porsche and Beru Products? In terms of quality? Are you paying extra for Porsche original parts for any particular reason? approx double the price!!

The Berus are the original Porsche ones (I think). I fit the Bosch last time and looking at them compared to the Berus, they were made with the same molding tool, no doubt by the same sub contractor.

Little confused when looking at D911, as they label the cheaper ones as Beru and the more expensive Coil Packs as Original Porsche!!
Any ideas?? Where to buy Bosch Coil Packs?? I guess i will have clearance issues with the coil packs and heat shield as previously mentioned.

What are the Bremi (Brembo?) ones shown on your link Alex?
They seem really cheap?

I only get Beur, HAAS & Bosch in my search results on that link. :dont know:

Interesting - started the car for first time in 4 weeks and after 10mins had a complete misfire on #3. Had replaced the coil pack on that cylinder recently from Beru to ARC brand ( the Design 911 cheapies) as a test to see how it went before doing the more difficult cylinders. Put the old Beru back on and problem disappeared.

Now I'm stuck with a new set of coil packs I don't trust.

The OBD reader saved a lot of faff finding the problem. Great piece of kit.
https://www.design911.co.uk/mobile/#part;id=131284

alex yates said:
I only get Beur, HAAS & Bosch in my search results on that link. :dont know:

Weird, just checked again for mine (C4S) and now it's only showing the Beru's
:dont know:

I only get the Beru's in my search from the link. I have a 2002 C4S.

Is everyone in favour that Beru is the way to go for Coil Packs?
Any preferred Spark Plugs to use, Bosch/NGK/Denso? Any thoughts on the Iridium Racing plugs on D911??

I have bosch because they were much cheaper when I got mine. Personally I'd buy the HAAS as they're a reputable make I think.

All our lasers were HAAS when I used to weld cathode components together to microns. They were great.

A frustrating morning. Tried to fit the new coil packs but outside without a hoist, it's a bit too much at this time of year, looks like a job for the Indy.
The problem was that I couldn't get the NS exhaust header off, one of the 3 studs had already been sheared off by the PO and I didn't want to risk another when it was tight and access was restricted.
I only replaced one coil pack but here are pick of the old and new to show how the design has changed. Interestingly the coil I took off had a 997 part no (mine's a 996.2) so they must have already been changed. Both parts are Beru.

Attachments

• dscn3579_resized_952.jpg
    dscn3579_resized_952.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 5,103
I did a thread on this not long ago. The only ones I could find of the correct design were ECP aftermarket ones.

MC

MisterCorn said:
I did a thread on this not long ago. The only ones I could find of the correct design were ECP aftermarket ones.MC
Yes, your thread was helpful thanks, I added the pictures to show the difference. I got Beru parts at ECP - decided to stick to Beru rather than aftermarket.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back