Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Child seats in 2016 panamera

Joey888

Hi all

Recently acquired a turbo, and thought I would provide my experience with installing child seats as I couldn't find much relevant information.

We have tried
- the Joie spin 360 isofix. Fits in the seat ok, but it's difficult to actually spin it around as the child seat sits up close to the seat back very tight. This also means there's not much leg room for the kid. Plenty leg room in front seat for a 180cm tall person with the child seat rear facing. When rear facing, the child seat doesn't recline much so probably not great for a very small baby with poor head control when sleeping. But, huge pain to actually get the isofix to click in. I'd suggest avoiding isofix if possible! Also the isofix bars are leaving a dent in the seat foam around the hole. So all in all, I wouldn't recommend it. (But loved using it in our bmw 2 series). We use it for our large 20 month old, and it's not ideal but we can live with it.
- the diono radian 5, rear facing. Again the child seat sits up very close to the seat back so not much leg room for the child. The child seat has little plastic hooks that are meant to go in to the gap between the seat back and seat base; these don't hook in very well and are leaving huge dents in the seat foam. The child's face also seems like it's super close to the seat back. The anchor strap is also a pain to actually work around the seat rails; the gap is miniscule. Definitely remove the plastic guards before you do it. Using it for our average sized 3.5 year old and he's comfortable at the moment. (But the indenting of the foam makes me very uncomfortable... haha)

All these issues are a result of the steep angle of the seat base, plus the very large foam bolsters on the seat base and seat back. The child seats are just too wide to actually sit properly on the chair due to the bolsters.

Next going to try axkid move as it seems like it will be an improvement over the diono... will be back with an update! Hope that's helpful to someone

I use a maxi cosi axiss plus for my 2 year old (front facing) - fits fine. Can grab you some pics if needed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back