Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Central locking oddity (not the normal issues)

Rosselder83

Spa-Francorchamps
I've had my 911 turbo for about 2 years and the remote central locking has never worked, not once.

Was out for a wee Sunday hurl with my mate last weekend and afterwards we stopped in at Starbucks for a cup and a yap. When we came out I was holding my keys and I always just press the buttons out of habit. Well this time the frunk popped open.

As you can imagine I was pretty surprised, so I tried the door button and sure enough it unlocked. I locked and unlocked it a few times just to make sure it was actually me and it worked perfectly.

I read all the threads about it running out of uses etc so I had resided myself to being one of those owners who just used the key.

Came out to it tonight and on first press it didn't unlock, tried it a couple of times and on the 4th or 5th go it unlocked.

Did what I needed to do (changing interior bulbs to leds) and went to lock it with the fob and no luck. Tried a new battery but no. Had to resort to the key again.

Anyone have any ideas or similar experiences? Anything that I could investigate?

Intermittent fault so it could be a break in the electrical connection. Prise it apart, give it a clean and see if there are any dry joints with a soldering iron.
Could be an easy fix.

First time in 5 years had key issue, at event last night, press button, nothing 2 or 3 further prods and all good, time to leave press button, nothing 4 /5 prods open.
stopped on way home lock and open no issues. This morning no issues!!
WTF, do I investigate further or ignore?

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e46m3
Back