Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Central locking problem.?

stretch

Monza
finally managed to find myself a decent early manual 996. The car has been sitting a while and after locking and unlocking the doors at the petrol station on the way home, the button on the key will now not activate or lock the doors. Have had to use the key in the lock.

Returned the next morning, no joy on the fob so used the key in the lock to open at which point the alarm went off. Key in the ignition stopped the alarm.

Anyone familiar with this problem.? In my excitement have i pressed something on the dash that has unsynced the key.? Tried the spare, same problem.

Thanks in advance

Dave

...good news about the purchase but as it's been sat its possible both keys have used up their allocated rolling codes thus will no longer work as designed via the buttons...if this is the case you'll need new key's unfortunately we they can't be fixed...

I presume you've tried swapping the battery in the key?

Would be worth putting a new key battery in anyway, but once done I think from the sounds of it you just need to re-set the key to the car. Have a search, but from memory, I think you put the key in the ignition, turn the car on (but not the engine) and then press the lock/unlock button on the key for a few seconds. You should then see a little red light in the middle of the dashboard by the windscreen flashing to say that this has been done.

Thanks for the replies.Battery is fine and starts on the button. Red light flashes on the key fob. Looks like i will try the re-set and see if that sorts it.

I meant - would be worth putting a new key battery in (have edited my post). I had lots of weird key/locking/alarm issues when I first bought mine in December. A new key battery and then re-syncing the key to the car sorted everything.

Good luck!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back