Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S Tyres

I'd be happy with the 0.4% rolling circumference difference, also the 275 width should be OK, its only 2cm narrower than the 295 one after all.

I would avoid going for the 235 section front though, a 225 section is a better bet given you have 4WD and the 235 section tyre is likely to rub.

A quick look at Michelin's website has the summer tyre sizes at 225 and 295. However the winter size is 225 and 265. Given they think that a 265 tyre will fit, I would think you'll be OK with 275.

Just a note to say that Costco have an offer on Michelin, starting tomorrow (6/11 until 26/11). £60 off a set of 4 (£50+vat/£60 inc)

Worth getting a price if you're still looking as with the extra cash off last year they were cheaper than the online suppliers.

Martin996RSR said:
I'd be happy with the 0.4% rolling circumference difference, also the 275 width should be OK, its only 2cm narrower than the 295 one after all.

I would avoid going for the 235 section front though, a 225 section is a better bet given you have 4WD and the 235 section tyre is likely to rub.

A quick look at Michelin's website has the summer tyre sizes at 225 and 295. However the winter size is 225 and 265. Given they think that a 265 tyre will fit, I would think you'll be OK with 275.

Having looked at some online images of 275s on 11" rims I think I'll stick with 295s for now as they look properly stretched. Can only assume that the 265 winter option is either a mistake or meant for narrower rims.

I'm tempted to go with PS2s on the back and PS4s on the front in the factory sizes as the PS4s are grippier, so may compensate for the difference in width?

Or will I die...?! :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bleasedudley
Back