Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brembo front 6 pot upgrade. All new parts for under £1k ?

Great project, will be keen to see how it plays out.

Do you know what the selection of brake pads is like for the caliper your using? Does the Pagid RS range fit?

Unbrako make high quality high tensile bolts, from memory Porsche use 10.9 grade.

crash7 said:
Unbrako make high quality high tensile bolts, from memory Porsche use 10.9 grade.
+1 and Trident Racing at Silverstone do aircraft spec bolts (AN etc)

Quick update.

Positive news.

The calipers arrived. They look great & brand new as advertised. Amazing.

I have assembled onto the hub with the disc. I have mounted my front wheel to check spoke & rim clearance. Both ok. Rim has loads of space.

I'll start to measure up later but thought I'd get a few photos up for you here.

Here are some more photos now I have stripped one caliper down.

Bolt spacing is 195mm between centres.

Bracket design under way.

My original front ickle yellow calipers were bright in the August sun today.

I've been looking at pad contact area & caliper to disc gaps.

I've also been making a list of part numbers for pipes etc. I wonder if the S pipes might be slightly longer than the non-S ones. (The little one from the flexi to the caliper).

I've got the Porsche parts catalogue that covers standard cars up to to S models. Is there a GT3 parts catalogue?

C11BRA said:
wjk_glynn said:
From where did you buy these (ideally with the link)?

I'm interested to know what application(s)/car(s) they were originally intended for.
The calipers (and possibly the donor hub/knuckle) arrive tomorrow then I'll double check they are going to work as planned before inviting others to join in. I don't want egg on my face if they are too good to be true.
C11BRA said:
The calipers arrived. They look great & brand new as advertised.

Ya gotta tell us where you got them!

Thanks.

Karl.

I was holding back on advertising where these come from in case these don't work. However, I did buy an extra set once the first set arrived. So when I decide on the colour, I might have a set for sale.

The seller on EBay looks to have sold out very quickly.

These are Brembo calipers once destined for the 510 bhp Quadrifoglio's (whatever that means).

I've had the set up knuckle/hub sandblasted & painted. Who knew that Brembo make the knuckles for Porsche?

Delivery today.

A choice of colours now.

I'd keep the yellow. You are not constrained by any colour codes. You are building an outlaw, again like I said at the start, do whatever makes you happy. And if you need an excuse now you can say 'they were that colour when they arrived.'

Not sure if you were being funny but quadrifoglio means four leaf clover.

PS if anyone is looking for 6 pots there is a set of refurbished Porsche PCB on ebay (I'm not the seller) £1100

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-...126859?hash=item3667f1b18b:g:WFYAAOSwNB9fK~tE

Great project - any chance you could machine a set of adaptors for a 996 turbo running 997 350mm discs? I'm using 10mm spacers on my existing 4 pot calipers.

I'll be interested in your spare calipers. Would you mind sharing which discs you went for?

Are the calipers from a Giulia Stelvio Quadrifoglio?

Great Project.

I keep threatening to sort brackets for my 997 turbo to run a 390 or 400 bell and rotor setup with the original calipers. Original discs are so cheap but they are heavy and my 997 does so little milage it will be a one time purchase.

For reference, 997.1 and .2 GT3 and turbo brakes are the same. All steel are 350mm and all cermamic are 380mm. The calipers are the same piston size between turbo and GT2/3 just the GT2/3 have titanium pistons.

991 350mm use a different caliper with a different pad shape. The disc is different as the 991 has a shiny polished "bell" section. I guess the offset is slightly different than the 997.

M

isysman said:
I'd keep the yellow. You are not constrained by any colour codes. You are building an outlaw, again like I said at the start, do whatever makes you happy. And if you need an excuse now you can say 'they were that colour when they arrived.'

Not sure if you were being funny but quadrifoglio means four leaf clover.

PS if anyone is looking for 6 pots there is a set of refurbished Porsche PCB on ebay (I'm not the seller) £1100

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-...126859?hash=item3667f1b18b:g:WFYAAOSwNB9fK~tE

It was them PCCB calipers that popped up that got me thinking.

Four leaf clover. Ahhhh. Makes sense. I wasn't being funny, just too last to Google it. 😂

uk996 said:
Great project - any chance you could machine a set of adaptors for a 996 turbo running 997 350mm discs? I'm using 10mm spacers on my existing 4 pot calipers.

I'll be interested in your spare calipers. Would you mind sharing which discs you went for?

Are the calipers from a Giulia Stelvio Quadrifoglio?

I went for OE Spec 997 Turbo discs (actually marked on the box as 997 GT3) and I can confirm they are 350mm. Found them on EBay. Will use them to set up the caliper spacing etc and to keep under my budget. I will always have the option to upgrade the discs to any Turbo upgrade discs at a later stage.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333592420170

Are the calipers from a Giulia Stelvio Quadrifoglio? Yes. Non carbon specced cars.

uk996 said:

The problem would be that I have no idea whether the offset is different. I believe you caliper bolts are spaced differently than a base Carrera caliper but no idea if the centre line is the same.

I would need a scrap knuckle so I can bench set up the mounts. Like this.

Once I've decided on bracket material I'll post updates on here. Thinking of a hi-tensile steel over the aluminium at the moment due to the thickness of the mount being approx 12mm at its narrowest.

I'll probably makes spares once the machine is all set up. It's normal to do that. I could make a set with the wider spacing, but the spacing of these calipers might be too close to allow?

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back