Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brand New GT4 Cayman Clubsport paid for and uncollected

Values will fall throughout the year. Probably to list before the end of the year. Because the initial fascination with the car will disappear as those owners that have only bought them for road use will soon tire of the impracticality for regular use. Especially the real world economy of sub 20 mpg which is only sustainable while fuel prices are low.

Boxsey said:
Values will fall throughout the year. Probably to list before the end of the year. Because the initial fascination with the car will disappear as those owners that have only bought them for road use will soon tire of the impracticality for regular use. Especially the real world economy of sub 20 mpg which is only sustainable while fuel prices are low.

Agree with that, free motoring for a year or two.

Jcx said:
ultegra said:
Jcx said:
They are lovely looking cars but alas they are 2 seats short of a family fun car :-(

My three and a half year old is too big to travel comfortably in the back of my 911, so the real value of the jump seats is pretty minimal.

How big is your child? And are they in a child seat (which makes the whole space smaller)?

My eight year old is find and dandy back there but uses neither a child seat nor a booster when in the back.

+ 1 , my 8 and 10yr old boys both totally fine in the back ,
My mates 29 and he didn't mind too much been in back all way to Holland :grin:

Rockunrolla said:
Jcx said:
ultegra said:
Jcx said:
They are lovely looking cars but alas they are 2 seats short of a family fun car :-(

My three and a half year old is too big to travel comfortably in the back of my 911, so the real value of the jump seats is pretty minimal.

How big is your child? And are they in a child seat (which makes the whole space smaller)?

My eight year old is find and dandy back there but uses neither a child seat nor a booster when in the back.

+ 1 , my 8 and 10yr old boys both totally fine in the back ,
My mates 29 and he didn't mind too much been in back all way to Holland :grin:

yep my 17 year fits in the back okay even with the targa roof down

I think the big fuss initially was because seemingly all these people wanted a car to flip for a profit? Reports are already being posted about over long gearing and numb performance so who know's where that will leave them once the next big thing comes along.

I'm not sure - it is EVO's car of the year and beat the 991 RS. Whilst numbers may increase, they will hardly be prolific. And as has been said already, 991 GT3 prices are £140-150k at the moment a good few years after they were launched at £100k.

I can't see GT4 prices dropping to anywhere near £80k in the foreseeable future. At £100k+ there is probably still some room for appreciation in the short-medium term.

As for this car, with CS, PCM etc. I would have thought it is at least a £105k car.

[/u]

SidewaysSi said:
I'm not sure - it is EVO's car of the year and beat the 991 RS. Whilst numbers may increase, they will hardly be prolific. And as has been said already, 991 GT3 prices are £140-150k at the moment a good few years after they were launched at £100k.

I can't see GT4 prices dropping to anywhere near £80k in the foreseeable future. At £100k+ there is probably still some room for appreciation in the short-medium term.

As for this car, with CS, PCM etc. I would have thought it is at least a £105k car.

[/u]

The £100k GT3 is not selling for £140k to £150k - More like the £120k is being offered for £140k. And with minimal mileage.

Offer your GT4 to JZM or one of the others for them to purchase from you - they will want it on SOR because they do not believe there is further appreciation.

List +up to £10k seems realistic.

There's an old saying that the first profit is the best profit

To find a customer, with no part exchange and has funds in place rather than needing finance isn't easy
And are people paying these prices or is there an element of talking things up

I could get a used 991 Cup for that money.

911 Sport have three listed - all for over £100k - and have had for a few weeks now. They even state they have a total of 7 available.

Chris.

Prov sold

It beats me how many members are willing to try to talk another members sale down!
Seems like JD was offering on here first for someone to get an early buy but . Hey ...?what do I know ....

T

Having had the pleasure of a GT4 and 991GT3 at Spa, anyone prepared to pay £100-110k for a GT4 is nuts when you can get a very well spec'd 991GT3 for an extra £10-15k.

For all the good of the GT4 is is not in the same league at a 991GT3 whether on the road, or for example on track. The 991GT3 is close to 10 seconds quicker around Spa (2:40 v 2:49).

I would be taking profit asap if that was the original reason for purchase.

The GT4 is a great car at list.

imo.

Ken

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back