Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

bodykit - mounting

oHm3n

I will be picking up my new 997.1 in a couple of weeks and I'm planning some upgrades during the winter. One of the things I'm considering is a front lip spoiler (and possibly skirts and a defuser)

I 've looked into Emc2 and Moshammer. I'm not familiar with "bodykits", but as far as I know many of them rely on gluing/tape? Is it possible to attach kits with glue without damaging the paint if you want to remove the lip/skirts later? Or is it common to wrap the cars panels first for protection?

Are there bolt-on front lips that user original holes, for easy removal later?

Any tip on brands that will mount easily will be appreciated. :)

EMC2 use the existing points on the body, you buy the 991 parts from OPC and use their mounting system, The rear spats also fit to body with existing sockets, so no drilling.

Moshammer, you'll have to tiger grip or drill etc.

Thank you.

I might start off with EMC2 then, and get experience with modifications and take it from there :) I'm tempted to try to mount side skirts with the 3m tape. I guess they are light, and the contact surface is large. And no vind. So i guess it would be sufficient.

Btw: What is tiger grip?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back