Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BlackFire Wet Diamond - any one used it?

So yesterday I gave the black car a good going over
Snow foam
Washed
Trix'd
Clay
Bf gloss enhancing polish
Bf wet diamond appf

And it looks like this:

8)

And I love this picture. Saw it from the window last night and had to take it.

I will put a coat of black ice on it later as well

And I'd recommend buying from polished bliss as they're wet diamond pack comes with some lovely polishing clothes!

kurlykris said:
MNC911 said:
What are the alloys on your 4S called, they look like a stronger version of the turbo twists. :?:

Sport Technology I think :grin:

Correct.... Often called Sport Technos

OK, so left the appf to cure overnight, then gave the car a quick spritz with polymer spray to remove any dust or grit that may have settled on it overnight.

Then applied a layer of black ice.

My thoughts? Smells like boot polish. Goes on and comes off easily. Does seem to improve the metallic fleck and does fill swirls. But the shine was so great from the appf, I'm not sure most would notice the difference.

In the picture below, the left half of the bonnet (as you look at it) has black ice on it. See any difference? Me neither.

I had my car washed this week at my detailers ,I was talking to him about the blackfire polymer intermediate spritz. he re-appeared with his trade version of the polymer intermediate spritz which he applied to my car it did bring the depth back and looked nice but I don't think it's finish was up to the blackfire so I am going to get some and keep it in the car for him to use on mine when he has finished snow foam etc. I get my car cleaned every week with snow foam etc at my detailers would you suggest using the blackfire every clean or just every few weeks. :grin: :thumb:

Attachments

• car_washed1_211.jpg
    car_washed1_211.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 6,826
  • car_washed_2_569.jpg
    car_washed_2_569.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 6,826
  • war_washed_3_582.jpg
    war_washed_3_582.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 6,826
Phil 997 said:
I had my car washed this week at my detailers ,I was talking to him about the blackfire polymer intermediate spritz. he re-appeared with his trade version of the polymer intermediate spritz which he applied to my car it did bring the depth back and looked nice but I don't think it's finish was up to the blackfire so I am going to get some and keep it in the car for him to use on mine when he has finished snow foam etc. I get my car cleaned every week with snow foam etc at my detailers would you suggest using the blackfire every clean or just every few weeks. :grin: :thumb:

Yep, it's fine to use every week, unlike something like aquawax which can go a bit flat after prolonged use.

The thing is to just use a very light mist. A little goes a long way, so no need to soak the panel. He'll know that though.

CarreraMonkey said:
Phil 997 said:

Yep, it's fine to use every week, unlike something like aquawax which can go a bit flat after prolonged use.

The thing is to just use a very light mist. A little goes a long way, so no need to soak the panel. He'll know that though.

Great thanks Yes your right he only misted it on I was surprised and it hardly looked enough but as you say a little goes a long way. :grin: :thumb:

I can`t wait for my Blackfire stuff to turn up, but fear that I may need to machine polish the car before I start :sad:

After claying the Boxster today, removing all old polish/wax/blackhole and whatnot the passenger door looked like this :

A real swirlfest :nooo:

I gave her a coat of Zymol cleaner wax to cover up maybe 70% of the swirls and wiped her down with Rapid Detailer to keep her presentable, a really nice, quick product to use

I wonder how well the blackfire will cope without a machine polish first :?:

Phil 997 said:
CarreraMonkey said:
Phil 997 said:

Great thanks Yes your right he only misted it on I was surprised and it hardly looked enough but as you say a little goes a long way. :grin: :thumb:

What detailing spray was he using Phil? It may be decent stuff.

kurlykris said:
I can`t wait for my Blackfire stuff to turn up, but fear that I may need to machine polish the car before I start :sad:

After claying the Boxster today, removing all old polish/wax/blackhole and whatnot the passenger door looked like this :

I gave her a coat of Zymol cleaner wax to cover up maybe 70% of the swirls and wiped her down with Rapid Detailer to keep her presentable, a really nice, quick product to use

Kris, think you may be right the dreaded spider marks on dark colour cars . :nooo:

kurlykris said:

It will be fine. Mine hasn't been machined polished for a couple of years.

Helen's looked like that when we stripped hers back. It looked like it had been cleaned with a scouring pad.

It's not a silver bullet though.

I tried some Blackfire Midnight sun wax on the wife's cab the other day. It's a strange wax as you don't have to let it cure. You wipe it on, then wipe it off.

It doesn't smell of anything much apart from boot polish, but boy does it bring up a decent shine! 8) I cleaned the paint with Blackfire GEP before applying it and it really gave a nice finish.

Again, it's quite pricey, but gives a lovely durable finish and being a hybrid wax will last longer than a standard natural wax. PLus, a little goes a long way, so expect a tub to last forever (almost).

Interestingly, I used their 'black ice' which is the same but for black cars (it contains some black pigment) and wasn't that fussed about it, but I have to give the midnight sun a big thumbs up! :thumb:

I am still using the Blackfire wet diamond polymer spray every week after my snow foam and an application of Black magic sirus dark edition shampoo. My valet guys have now got into a regular routine and it keeps it looking nice in between the 4 rewaxes pa and the 2 full mop details pa. very pleased and thanks CarreraMonkey for the advise on this thread. :thumb: :grin:

What was the blackfire wax product that filled dark cars swirls and is it would changing from my black magic sirus dark edition wax thoughts please CarreraMonkey :thumb:

Attachments

• img_0367_171.jpg
    img_0367_171.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 6,021
Phil 997 said:
I am still using the Blackfire wet diamond polymer spray every week after my snow foam and an application of Black magic sirus dark edition shampoo. My valet guys have now got into a regular routine and it keeps it looking nice in between the 4 rewaxes pa and the 2 full mop details pa. very pleased and thanks CarreraMonkey for the advise on this thread. :thumb: :grin:

What was the blackfire wax product that filled dark cars swirls and is it would changing from my black magic sirus dark edition wax thoughts please CarreraMonkey :thumb:

That does look truly stunning :thumbs: :thumbs:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdowrick
Back