Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best place for number plates

ChrisS80

Monza
I have recently bought a private plate, does anybody have any online recommendations for getting the plates made up?

I'm thinking bog standard at the moment but could be persuaded otherwise if people have examples of theirs in an alternative style that looks the mutts nuts...

Always the main dealer for me.

I just think a car looks better with 'Porsche centre 'location' ' written on the bottom.

Marky911 said:
Always the main dealer for me.

I just think a car looks better with 'Porsche centre 'location' ' written on the bottom.

Porsche Wilmslow wouldn't just sell me a set :roll: :dont know: I wanted to use double sided tape but they said no.

:dont know: :grin:

That's nuts. No worries at Newcastle. The parts lads are great in there regarding anything.
Newcastle wasn't the supplying dealer of my car when it was new, but I'm not bothered about that.

You can get plates custom made for about £50 per pair. I had a set of supplying dealer ones made for my old 205. OPC ones are £35 per pair so an extra £15 isn't bad.
See retro plates or 360gtplates on Insta. I used the former. Perfect.

Thanks for the reply's.

I just got around to ringing Porsche Leeds and they are going to do me a set for £20 so heading over at the weekend. Having the Porsche centre details was my preferred option as well
I should have clarified what a set was, hopefully a pair, and if it is then seems something of a bargain given the price from Newcastle and unobtanium from Wilmslow... lets hope I haven't spoken too soon

ChrisS80 said:
I have recently bought a private plate, does anybody have any online recommendations for getting the plates made up?

I'm thinking bog standard at the moment but could be persuaded otherwise if people have examples of theirs in an alternative style that looks the mutts nuts...

I have used the company T8 is recommending. they are in Ireland.

I have the Porsche crest at the left hand side of the plates. Used this format for my 996, 997 and my 991 and plod have mentioned it once but no further action. That is a 13 year timespan.

ChrisS80 said:
Thanks for the reply's.

I just got around to ringing Porsche Leeds and they are going to do me a set for £20 so heading over at the weekend. Having the Porsche centre details was my preferred option as well
I should have clarified what a set was, hopefully a pair, and if it is then seems something of a bargain given the price from Newcastle and unobtanium from Wilmslow... lets hope I haven't spoken too soon

Nice!

Wilmslow was the supplying dealer of my car :x :nooo:

Get yourself some fancy 4D plates with plateholders - pretty sure they have Porsche plateholders as seen a post somewhere ! I've bought my 4D Gel plates and 4D Shadow X from here - they are superb!

I got mine done at PlateMaster online. Pretty easy process, and they have some cool styles to choose from.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geoff993
Back