Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best place for new number plates

It must be the season for ordering new plates. I need some too. Do we have standard UK plate size on our cars?
Standard legal sizes. If you go narrower/smaller you risk exposing the raised section on the rear PU that looks like it was designed for US shaped plates. Why didn't they just leave it flat instead of a raised rectangle?

It must be the season for ordering new plates. I need some too. Do we have standard UK plate size on our cars?
Yes, as long it's still got the original mounting plinth on the front.

Standard legal sizes. If you go narrower/smaller you risk exposing the raised section on the rear PU that looks like it was designed for US shaped plates. Why didn't they just leave it flat instead of a raised rectangle?

I have just signed up to reply to this commend as I didn't think of this and glad I spotted before purchasing my replacement plates!

Thanks for raising this; I'm looking into some smaller plates to accommodate my short reg (5 characters) which can be quite small. I haven't yet removed my existing plates but I don't suppose you have the dimensions of the raised section? According to JDM Plates the smallest legal 5 character plates are 338mm wide x 101mm? Reduced in both height and width :unsure:

Link of dimensions here https://www.jdmplates.co.uk/product/bespoke-uk-printed/ FYI.

The best quality plates are 4dot

But they are expensive.

If you go off standard even when legal you risk getting pulled by plod. 4dot supply a legality certificate to show to plod if challenged.

I had short plates made up but ended up with standard on the front due to the plinth but the taycan rear is flat so I kept the short plate on the rear as it stands out as different.

It very much depends on the car, fitting and reg what looks good ie with a 4 digit plate or less often a standard plate is fine as the reg already stands out

1000008619.jpg

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e46m3
Back