Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Headlight leveller not working

moo75x

Monza
So my "Patsy" failed her MOT yesterday due to a poor handbrake but and a headlight leveller not working - I have stripped down the headlight to get to the motor and found the part number to be a Bosch item - 0 307 852 311 and seems to have a Porsche part number of 993 624 209 00 but this little motor is well over £200 (bmw version is about £30 but wouldnt fit) - The little motor spins well in the unit but it looks like the microswitch is stopping adjustment taking place correctly.

I have two questions - first is does anyone know how to get another brand of actuator/motor from either serial number - but secondly would i get a pass by taking out the adjustment wheel on the dash and popping in a blanking plate - if its not there it cant be tested is my thinking.....................

Thanks

use the manual adjustment ?

as its got the headlight leveller and its not working correctly - that's a fail! take heed for future - blanking plate means it cant have failed

Usually when these don't work it's due to the coupling of the male and female connectors in the headlight bucket. A quick spray of contact cleaner usually does the trick.
Some more information may be useful - are both not working? Have you tested the motor itself when you stripped the headlight and finally, what microswitch are you referring to?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back