Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Benja's 996.1 K400 GT3

Got the K400 out at the weekend to go the PH Sunday Service at Brooklands. Rather embarrassingly I think it was the first outing in 2022 :eek:

I'm pretty much decided that I'm going to sell,..it's just a waste to have such a fabulous machine sitting in a garage.

I think it's the perfect 6.1 GT3, so well resolved with the buckets, CS cage, all the MR boxes ticked, gold E88s and even the proper PCCM stereo with CarPlay/Bluetooth/Nav.

Drop me a pm if you or anyone you know will be interested else I'll probably try through the usual outlets next month.

Here's a pic of it looking glorious at Brooklands on Sunday (no idea who the beardy guy is!).

brook0320.jpg

Your car looked lovely, here's another pic for you 8)

Shame to hear your selling, what will you replace it with?

Attachments

• pxl_20220327_091436231~2_154.jpg
    pxl_20220327_091436231~2_154.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 3,033
Good to see an update, but pity you're selling.

Will you replace it with anything or is that it? Still looks lovely mind. 8)

Thanks for the extra pic and comments guys.

Yeah it's a shame to sell but I simply don't use it enough to warrant keeping it.

I may get something else I may not, I've not decided. I also still have my Exige (mentioned earlier in this thread) stashed away somewhere else (SORN and never driven).

Looks a great example, black really suits the 996 in my opinion. And of course the wheels are perfect :D

Good luck whatever you decide to do with it.

A quick question regarding your shocks, is there an easy way to see if they are MR KW's or standard V3's? Mine look the same as yours but not sure if there are any external differences.

M1ke said:
Looks a great example, black really suits the 996 in my opinion. And of course the wheels are perfect :D

Good luck whatever you decide to do with it.

A quick question regarding your shocks, is there an easy way to see if they are MR KW's or standard V3's? Mine look the same as yours but not sure if there are any external differences.

As far as I'm aware, only the stickers that Manthey apply :

But as Ben and others have found out, KW won't touch the Manthey stuff, so maybe there's something stamped on the body to identify them too.

I know the feeling Ben. Not enough time to use them. Good luck with the sale then and whatever follows. :thumb:

Mike as Henry (Slippy) says, there aren't any external differences between standard KWV3s and the Manthey ones, other than the stickers. Well as far as I can see on mine.

Again as Henry says and and Ben has done in this thread, they have to be sent back to Germany for a rebuild, which is or isn't a pain. I guess if you're packaging them up anyway then it's just a different address you stick on the box. :grin:
I doubt mine need it yet having only covered about 20k miles but I can't be bothered with that and even if KW U.K. would do it they're a rip off and their communication is poor.
A friend sent his fronts off and didn't hear back for a couple of weeks. He rang up and the guy said 'Oh yeah they're here. They should be going into the workshop next week". His car was up on stands for about a month and it was over £400 for two dampers.
This is the U.K. repair centre I'm on about (as his were standard V3s), not Manthey Racing in Germany. Totally different places.

I've bought a very good used set of Ohlins for my car which I'll have rebuilt for about £100 per corner in this country before fitting. That's further down the line though.
Ohlins adjust better than KWs too as you aren't altering the spring compression when you alter the ride height.

Both KW and Ohlins ride very nicely though when set up well and in good condition. I can't take that away from KW.

Anyway sorry for the hijack Ben. :thumb:

Marky911 said:
I know the feeling Ben. Not enough time to use them. Good luck with the sale then and whatever follows. :thumb:

Anyway sorry for the hijack Ben. :thumb:

Thanks Mark, appreciated.

No problem for the hijack, I love that these threads inevitably meander through related topics.

I had a good experience dealing with MR for the damper refresh - they were interested in the car and the dampers came back like new.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back