Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Are 996's selling?

Been lurking on the forums for a while but I thought I'd introduce myself on this topic, which is close to my heart!

I've owned my 2001 996 (my first Porsche) for just over two years and was recently looking into replacing it with a 991. This would involve trading two cars (the 996 plus my 2016 Mustang GT) plus some cash outlay. Of the two cars I had expected the Ford to have depreciated fairly significantly since I bought it new and the Porsche to have dropped some value but relatively little by comparison. In fact the Mustang has been a better investment. Both have lost roughly the same in percentage terms, but the Mustang over almost 4 years compared to the 2 years I have owned the 996.

I had reconciled myself to taking the hit in the interests of acquiring a very nice 911.1 GTS (telling myself I would never need another car) when the Covid hit the fan and suddenly it looked like an unaffordable indulgence. The upshot is the Mustang is now up for SoR and I have decided to keep my 996 and treat it to some goodies - a new set of mats and an ICE upgrade for starters. It may still be the ugly duckling of 911s in the eyes of many but it always puts a smile on my face! :thumbs:

Nick70 said:
Been lurking on the forums for a while but I thought I'd introduce myself on this topic, which is close to my heart! ........

....... the upshot is the Mustang is now up for SoR and I have decided to keep my 996 and treat it to some goodies - a new set of mats and an ICE upgrade for starters. It may still be the ugly duckling of 911s in the eyes of many but it always puts a smile on my face! :thumbs:

:welcome: to 911uk Nick.

I hope you've read the threads on here regarding the potential pitfalls of SoR.

T8 said:
I'd argue that everything would sell at the right price. Sadly that means that people who need to sell will get rock bottom money and those in apposition to will get real bargains.

Does that me we'll see 993s for 25 bags :grin: :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcox42
Back