Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any idea what these rubbers are

Alxd912

Silverstone
Hey

While working under there bonnet fixing the front blowers I found these parts in the same area which was RHS looking at the car down from the firewall.
The 2 rubbers were actually stuck together.

The rubber washers have a profile to them which I hope you can see in the picture.

Also found was that clip. At 1st I thought it was broken, but doesn't seem to be.

Thanks again for all your help and I just hope I they are not really important and I have to take my firewall out!

Cheers
Alex

Attachments

• img_3251_215.jpeg
    img_3251_215.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 2,324
  • img_3253_167.jpeg
    img_3253_167.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 2,324
The clip looks like an old bonnet strut / shock absorber locking clip ... it is bent out of shape .

Rubber grommets and i'm not sure .. possible wiring grommets , wiring would have gone through that to stop the metal hole from damaging wires going through it .

deMort said:
The clip looks like an old bonnet strut / shock absorber locking clip ... it is bent out of shape .

Rubber grommets and i'm not sure .. possible wiring grommets , wiring would have gone through that to stop the metal hole from damaging wires going through it .

Cheers for this and I will have a look at the bonnet strut to see if I can see anything a miss.

Regards

Alex

More than likely these are bits that have been dropped and due to poor access left there and replaced with new .. no clip on the bonnet strut and it probably would have come out by now .

deMort said:
More than likely these are bits that have been dropped and due to poor access left there and replaced with new .. no clip on the bonnet strut and it probably would have come out by now .

Cheers guys,

Well the car still runs and the bonnet stays up, so I hope all goes well:)

Cheers again.

Alex

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back