Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 964 Owner with whistling fan and some questions

Hey

So the squeaking sound has no gone for the meantime:)

Thanks to all for your help.

Cheers

Alex

Hi Alex,

Happy days! I'm pleased I was in time to help, for once :thumbs:

I'm not sure what the Merc fan part no. is but if memory serves me correctly is was a part from the 190 series.

Re the spark plug leads, I renewed mine and the distributor head, which sorted another little issue in damp weather.

Cheers,
Paul

paul284pt said:
Hey

So the squeaking sound has no gone for the meantime:)

Thanks to all for your help.

Cheers

Alex

Hi Alex,

Happy days! I'm pleased I was in time to help, for once :thumbs:

I'm not sure what the Merc fan part no. is but if memory serves me correctly is was a part from the 190 series.

Re the spark plug leads, I renewed mine and the distributor head, which sorted another little issue in damp weather.

Cheers,
Paul

Hey Paul,

Well its good doing these sort of jobs as I get to learn about the car.

If I ever need to ever remove one I will be wiser but I think I would try the bearing mod I have seen and maybe even try and 3D print the end housing.

BUT hopefully I will not need to touch it for a long time.

I did find a couple of thick rubber washers when I was pocking around under the bonnet and not sure what they are.
I will post some pics later to see if anyone recognises them.

BTW how long did it take you to change the leads? I have been trying to find a video and I did find one guy who did it in real time which was nice.

At the moment I have plenty of time as here in Finland we just have snow, so now way can I go out for at least another 2 months.

Time on my hands:)

Thanks again for all your help.

Alex

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back