Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 PCCM+ information

pls use coupon code MYWOCM for a few additional dollars off.

black 997.2
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...bEzA7ji7Ax32g3g8c1bXqha0ZtfidvC1U8uguMReYp9VU

grey 997.1
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005...1q9cBd3zh93eKth6QiybktFZifOkzm4SFnPXDIUivKmfo

isysman said:
KillsBugs said:
I've been waiting for the 997 PCCM+ for years, mostly since the 996 one was released. I was quite dissapointed when it was announced, non-wireless carplay, looked a bit dated etc - did some research and found the unit MYW designed on Rennlist - installed last week and am over the moon with it. Plug and play installation, sounds amazing and most importantly looks OEM - total cost was £1300 less than the fitted cost of the Porsche unit. The saving paid for my last service :eek:

I only really use the (wireless) carplay but think it has a lot more to give, honestly can't recommend enough. I haven't attempted a reverse / forwards facing camera yet but will likely install soon.

Can you add a link or give more info on what you're talking about?

myw said:
pls use coupon code MYWOCM for a few additional dollars off.

black 997.2
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005192912195.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000023.2.70a41222LZyvZV

grey 997.1
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005193016386.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000023.2.6a9248bdcjCTd3

isysman said:
KillsBugs said:
I've been waiting for the 997 PCCM+ for years, mostly since the 996 one was released. I was quite dissapointed when it was announced, non-wireless carplay, looked a bit dated etc - did some research and found the unit MYW designed on Rennlist - installed last week and am over the moon with it. Plug and play installation, sounds amazing and most importantly looks OEM - total cost was £1300 less than the fitted cost of the Porsche unit. The saving paid for my last service :eek:

I only really use the (wireless) carplay but think it has a lot more to give, honestly can't recommend enough. I haven't attempted a reverse / forwards facing camera yet but will likely install soon.

Can you add a link or give more info on what you're talking about?

Code doesnt work for the M5 unit..

> Sorry, this code is for specific items only

jeffersWales said:

i have fixed the links - the prev links are the wholeSale units where they do not have access to the 6/128gb quallComm + 2023 cpus.

From what I have been told, the wholeSale units uses cpu, different internal components + are made at a different factory. These units would follow more of the steretype, in terms of quality re Chinese radio complaints.

please kindly edit your post for the proper links.

myw said:
jeffersWales said:

i have fixed the links - the prev links are the wholeSale units where they do not have access to the 6/128gb quallComm + 2023 cpus.

From what I have been told, the wholeSale units uses cpu, different internal components + are made at a different factory. These units would follow more of the steretype, in terms of quality re Chinese radio complaints.

please kindly edit your post for the proper links.

Hi Michael,
First, thanks for designing this.
Second some questions please as this thread has become a bit confusing.
I am in the UK, have a 997.1 and am after a grey unit so what looking at the base one in the link below. I already have an aftermarket unit (Pioneer) so had to buy a DAB aerial for the windscreen and extra wiring / adapter. Will both these work with the new unit or should I buy another amp adapter. And, lastly, if I am using CarPlay on an iPhone is there much benefit in buying a higher spec unit than the cheapest one on offer here?
Thanks
Mark

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005...list.product.mainProduct&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu

Hi Mark, thank you for the kind words.

I am unfamiliar with the pioneer DAB+ module (I am from north america) - but i am aware that android indeed does have its own DAB+ modules for euro cars.

Is your pioneer DAB module for an android module via usb (i know some pioneer radios are android) ? if so it *may* work, if it is not usb interface it will not work. In north america we dont have DAB+ so this is beyond me, id have to see + compare both modules.

If carPlay on iphone id still get the QCM cpu, but id still get the 4/64GB unit as you wont be running as many apps simultaneously.

I just quickly posted this on rennlist so i will paste here as well.

there really are 5 main cpus
- PX5 2g/32G (this is 2019 cpu) - skip this obviously
- PX5 4g/64g (late 2019) - skip this
- PX6 4g/64g (early 2020 top of the line cpu - i had this in my car as my first android unit) - id skip this
- QCM 4g/64g -
- QCM 6g/128g -

for bose owners get the one with FIBER (it means it comes with aftermarket mostHur adapter).

drmark said:
Hi Michael,
I am in the UK, have a 997.1 and am after a grey unit so what looking at the base one in the link below. I already have an aftermarket unit (Pioneer) so had to buy a DAB aerial for the windscreen and extra wiring / adapter. Will both these work with the new unit or should I buy another amp adapter. And, lastly, if I am using CarPlay on an iPhone is there much benefit in buying a higher spec unit than the cheapest one on offer here?
Thanks
Mark

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005...list.product.mainProduct&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu

myw said:
Hi Mark, thank you for the kind words.

I am unfamiliar with the pioneer DAB+ module (I am from north america) - but i am aware that android indeed does have its own DAB+ modules for euro cars.

Is your pioneer DAB module for an android module via usb (i know some pioneer radios are android) ? if so it *may* work, if it is not usb interface it will not work. In north america we dont have DAB+ so this is beyond me, id have to see + compare both modules.

If carPlay on iphone id still get the QCM cpu, but id still get the 4/64GB unit as you wont be running as many apps simultaneously.

I just quickly posted this on rennlist so i will paste here as well.

there really are 5 main cpus
- PX5 2g/32G (this is 2019 cpu) - skip this obviously
- PX5 4g/64g (late 2019) - skip this
- PX6 4g/64g (early 2020 top of the line cpu - i had this in my car as my first android unit) - id skip this
- QCM 4g/64g -
- QCM 6g/128g -

for bose owners get the one with FIBER (it means it comes with aftermarket mostHur adapter).

drmark said:
Hi Michael,
Thanks
Mark

Thanks. very helpful.
Actually, it doesn't look like unit supports DAB. I will email the supplier to check.
Thanks
Mark

If its running standard Android it will likely support a USB DAB adaptor. I bought one off eBay for my PX6 headunit (not this one) and it works fine.

drmark said:
Thanks. very helpful.
Actually, it doesn't look like unit supports DAB. I will email the supplier to check.
Thanks
Mark

100% supports DAB+ module. You guys in europe are lucky

our version of dab+ in north america is siriusXM (which android cannot make a module for due to licensing I believe).

So I have PCCM +. Sound is amazing. Also very nice that new PCM perfect match plastics wise and I have lost the button fest. Look forward to using Waze, Apple Music etc. I have the Rennline phone kit so phone with cable not an issue. :thumbs:

IMI A said:
So I have PCCM +. Sound is amazing. Also very nice that new PCM perfect match plastics wise and I have lost the button fest. Look forward to using Waze, Apple Music etc. I have the Rennline phone kit so phone with cable not an issue. :thumbs:

Good to see a positive review. Do you mind me asking where you had it fitted and how much? Also, what is the Rennnline phone kit and what advantage does it give? Thanks.

andy996c4s said:
IMI A said:

Good to see a positive review. Do you mind me asking where you had it fitted and how much? Also, what is the Rennnline phone kit and what advantage does it give? Thanks.

Porsche Reading. Will check invoice think its was circa £300 plus vat. It syncs with my steering wheel and speedo cluster which is lovely. Also its a touch screen. Pretty similar in user feel/interface to the PCM in a 991.2 turbo s. You do not need a reverse TV camera in 997 turbo as mine has reverse parking sensors. You'd need to be numpty to reverse it into something but other side of coin is at that price point I agree new PCCM+ should have everything.

I hear they are all sold out in UK???

Will take a pic when I return to England in a few weeks. Not had a chance to use it other than one drive home. I never really minded PCM 2 other than the phone interface was diabolical on a £100K flagship model even in 2007 and no charging for mobile so this fixes all that. Really just bought it for the apple car play. Sound quality defo better. Mine has bose and this improves its sound with DAB radio which is crystal clear and nice as I always listen to radio.

One other downside other than no reverse camera is its not compatible with my CD Changer which is ridiculous but don't use CDs myself any more so will remove my CD changer and create a bit more space in frunk which i use a lot for shopping etc.

DucatiRob said:
Clanky said:
I love the idea of this, but at the price point I think it's shocking they have the nerve to charge extra for the maps on top.

I agree! For the ridiculous amount of money Porsche is stealing, the spec is woeful! Not even wireless CarPlay! There's a Chinese android unit that has been developed with a Rennlist chap, similar looks to the PCCM+ but with 8" screen and a massive spec for a fraction of the price!

I bought one last year. Decent unit & the benefit is, you can install apps like Waze etc without the need of mirroring from your phone.

Reverse camera has already been fully figured out for the 997pccm+.

I offer a plug + play harness for it (standard RCA) as I helped crack the functionality. I'm offering another harness for it as well so it will output audio to RCA (for aftermarket amps).

IMI A said:
andy996c4s said:
Porsche Reading. Will check invoice think its was circa £300 plus vat. It syncs with my steering wheel and speedo cluster which is lovely. Also its a touch screen. Pretty similar in user feel/interface to the PCM in a 991.2 turbo s. You do not need a reverse TV camera in 997 turbo as mine has reverse parking sensors. You'd need to be numpty to reverse it into something but other side of coin is at that price point I agree new PCCM+ should have everything.

One other downside other than no reverse camera is its not compatible with my CD Changer which is ridiculous but don't use CDs myself any more so will remove my CD changer and create a bit more space in frunk which i use a lot for shopping etc.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back