Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 turbo - rusty tips!

E3 PSB

Trainee
Good morning

My beautiful 997t has a few very small rusty bits on the exhaust tips (apologies for not putting pics up) although only very small, I was wondering if they would be covered on the warranty?

I've tried auto soo and an abrasive pad but it's not shifting them.

Initially I was sure they wouldn't but thinking about it, surely rust is a fault? Does anybody have any experience of this and a warranty attempt?

If not I will probably get them re-chromed as it's sending my OCD into overdrive.

Cheers guys

Warranty claim on a 997.2... :floor:

Sorry but no buddy, you are on your own...if chromed then you wont be able to remove the tarnish completely...

I don't know anybody that had better value out of their Porsche Warranty than me but I'm pretty certain that one wouldn't have been agreed. Maybe, if the car was a couple of years old but even then ........ I wouldn't have held my breath.

The warranty covers the failure of manufactured parts and rust wouldn't be considered a failure as it doesn't affect the working of anything.

GMG said:
Warranty claim on a 997.2... :floor:

Sorry but no buddy, you are on your own...if chromed then you wont be able to remove the tarnish completely...

:sad: Yes I have a feeling they'll need to be re-chromed, dayum.

T8 said:
I don't know anybody that had better value out of their Porsche Warranty than me but I'm pretty certain that one wouldn't have been agreed. Maybe, if the car was a couple of years old but even then ........ I wouldn't have held my breath.

The warranty covers the failure of manufactured parts and rust wouldn't be considered a failure as it doesn't affect the working of anything.

Oh please, pray tell....... I have just over two years warranty and want free new shiny stuff from Porsche lol 😂

I only asked as I randomly found myself on an American Porsche website and a guy said he managed to get his replaced under warranty.

I must say (at the moment) apart from a few very small bits on the exhaust tips the car is absolutely incredible, ridiculously fast, I'm very much in love.
:D

E3 PSB said:
T8 said:

Oh please, pray tell....... I have just over two years warranty and want free new shiny stuff from Porsche lol 😂

I only asked as I randomly found myself on an American Porsche website and a guy said he managed to get his replaced under warranty.

I must say (at the moment) apart from a few very small bits on the exhaust tips the car is absolutely incredible, ridiculously fast, I'm very much in love.

Here ya go -> http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=104133&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=heavens

T8 said:
E3 PSB said:
T8 said:

Here ya go -> http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=104133&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=heavens

That's given me such peace of mind. Thank you Terry.

Can I get a 111 point check included in the warranty or is it worth paying an Indy to give it a thorough once over?

TIA

Paul.

As I understand it from others lately if your car is currently under warranty you should be able to renew it without a 111 point check.

It used to be that before renewal you'd need to pay the 111 point check fee of £216+VAT or you could negotiate a reduction with your OPC to be reduced if you were having a service done at the same time.

There's nothing to be gained from getting an Indy to do a check.

NB: The warranty itself costs what it costs. It's not something that an OPC can discount.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back