Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Turbo + Kline Innovation + 9e = WOW!!!!!

Well.... Picked up my beloved car from Ken at 9e on Saturday. 9e modified as follows:-

1. Fitted a Kline Innovation stainless steel full system (decat) including equal length manifold headers and carbon fibre exhaust tips.
3 studs bust whilst removing old manifolds and 1 snapped from offside turbo. All repaired/replaced accordingly.
2. Fitted enlarged IPD inlet plenum.
3. Fitted and re gapped spark plugs.
4. Carried out boost leak and compression test. All good.
5. All new hardware mods brought together with custom remap/tune.

So what's it like now? Well it was rapid before but now it's totally bloody barking! And I love it. The Kline Innovation full system is fabulous. It's nice and quiet whilst pootling through villages or town. There is no detectable extra cabin noise whilst motorway cruising either. But when you bury the accelerator.... A magnificent, furious howl lets rip. It's fabulous and hilarious at the same time. It brings the child out in me immediately. But that's not difficult, mind you.

Is it noticeably quicker then? Oh yes! And then some. 9e testing telemetry indicates 60-130mph is achieved in 6.9 seconds. That's quicker than a GT2RS which I think run 7.1 or .2. And are 620 hp... Gumph!! Based on the telemetry Ken reckons were around the 620/630 hp mark. I'm now running at permanent 1.4bar boost which explains the linear power delivery. It's beautifully mapped, there are no flat spots or power bands just progressive insane delivery. And the PDK whacks through the box super quick and seamless. You'd have to be Superman to feed the gears in a manual.

But here's the rub. Although it becomes a furious maniac when you boot it, its a total pussy cat and so smooth and controllable low down.

I'm absolutely thrilled with it. Yep, it's cost a few quid but life ain't a rehearsal. A big thanks to Ken at 9e and also Felix at Kline Innovation. Keep up the great work!

Attachments

• 911_116.png
    911_116.png
    435.9 KB · Views: 6,740
  • catless_131.png
    catless_131.png
    384.3 KB · Views: 6,741
  • cf_tips_138.png
    cf_tips_138.png
    371.7 KB · Views: 6,740
  • exhaustmod_142.png
    exhaustmod_142.png
    403.5 KB · Views: 6,740
  • hotsection_110.png
    hotsection_110.png
    395.7 KB · Views: 6,740
  • ipd_plenum_461.png
    ipd_plenum_461.png
    409.8 KB · Views: 6,740
  • manifold_510.png
    manifold_510.png
    372.1 KB · Views: 6,740
  • tips_733.png
    tips_733.png
    281.6 KB · Views: 6,740
  • turbocharger_180.png
    turbocharger_180.png
    453 KB · Views: 6,740
:thumb:

VMAX this sat by the way and TV the week after :thumbs:

IMI A said:

Cheers, where is it? Not done anything like that before but might have a shufty out of interest. Back to work week after.

Norfolk & Idea said:
IMI A said:

Cheers, where is it? Not done anything like that before but might have a shufty out of interest. Back to work week after.

Book via Ken. Think he's taking a few cars down :thumbs:

I'll be at TV in a couple of weeks, would be good to see you and how it performs :)

Bikeracer1098 said:
Awesome, congrats :D

Thanks Richard. I'm not convinced with the cf exhaust tips because the oe are very pretty too. They are growing on me though. Always got options so that's good.

Norfolk & Idea said:
Thanks Richard. I'm not convinced with the cf exhaust tips because the oe are very pretty too. They are growing on me though. Always got options so that's good.

They look awesome, defo keep them on :D

Looks great and the car still looks STD which will surprise a few on the road... enjoy :)

AdeD said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

They look awesome, defo keep them on :D

Yeah, they do look a bit mean and naughty. Which I like :)

apollokre1d said:
Looks great and the car still looks STD which will surprise a few on the road... enjoy :)

Your right there. A BMW X6M thingy took a swing yesterday as I crept up behind him. I must stop taking the bait! I'm amazed by how many drivers want to tussle with a Porsche.

great pics and write up - enjoy :D ilike the carbon also but know what you mean as the chrome contrast the black

seeforez said:
great pics and write up - enjoy :D ilike the carbon also but know what you mean as the chrome contrast the black

Yes, the cf would maybe suit a white car better.

Norfolk & Idea said:
apollokre1d said:

Your right there. A BMW X6M thingy took a swing yesterday as I crept up behind him. I must stop taking the bait! I'm amazed by how many drivers want to tussle with a Porsche.

I don't often get it :dont know: ... think maybe the flames spitting out the back puts them off :floor: :floor:

Nice setup

OP/Ken

With the above mods and estimated power figures and delivery what sort of 1/4 miles times and terminals should this car be getting on a good run?

Just curious to know

Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeilHarbidge
Back