Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 GT3 bumper on a 997.1

joshkbaker said:
Alternatively, I suck it up and just get the 997.1 GT3 front bumper style and just deal with that plastic style vent I don't like.

Seems like new DRLs, bumper itself, new radiators is going to cost pretty much double for the sake of disliking the vent...

My car is also black so it might mask the plastic vent a little bit better.

If your cars black then paint the smile grille in body colour gloss black you wont see it as much and if your thinking gen1 GT3 then go for the type that uses a separate PU lip like this one , it needs some prep but nothing a body shop couldnt do.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Fron...t2Ybp4AtbIq-WP7ptn0_kn-KpDcPRclcaAruGEALw_wcB

Phil 997 said:
joshkbaker said:
Alternatively, I suck it up and just get the 997.1 GT3 front bumper style and just deal with that plastic style vent I don't like.

Seems like new DRLs, bumper itself, new radiators is going to cost pretty much double for the sake of disliking the vent...

If your cars black then paint the smile grille in body colour gloss black you wont see it as much and if your thinking gen1 GT3 then go for the type that uses a separate PU lip like this one , it needs some prep but nothing a body shop couldnt do.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Fron...t2Ybp4AtbIq-WP7ptn0_kn-KpDcPRclcaAruGEALw_wcB

I think you're right.
In terms of the fibreglass situation, is it just the lip splitter people are concerned about? I've found plenty of the splitters made in ABS plastic.

If so, I would just get a fibreglass bumper with a plastic splitter.

joshkbaker said:
Phil 997 said:
joshkbaker said:

I think you're right.
In terms of the fibreglass situation, is it just the lip splitter people are concerned about? I've found plenty of the splitters made in ABS plastic.

If so, I would just get a fibreglass bumper with a plastic splitter.

Yes mate the bumper is less important its the lip that you will trash if its not Pu they are designed to be a consumable and often scrape , if your careful and when you scrape it use a very fine wet and dry on it they will last quite well for a few years , I changed mine 3 times in 5 years when they got so battered I couldnt stand it any more lol. if the lip is fibreglass it would just brake and you would be constantly going to the bodyshop for a bumper repair and respray. :thumb:

Also just for your reference , there are three types of front lip for the gen1 GT3 bumper the standard which has the two air ducts the RS that has an extension piece in the middle and the cup which has no air ducts and is the deepest of the three so when your looking at lips bear that in mind the standard with the two are ducts is the most road friendly :thumb:

Another thought is that the GTS as well as other gen 2 cars had the same front bumper, but with a different lip from the GT3.

Mines a standard C4S but with a GTS bumper (and a smile vent added too). I don't think you'd need much to fit one of these to yours.

IMG-8780-3.jpg

There's a used original GTS one on eBay now, and I've seen a few over the past year at no more than the better aftermarket bumpers.

There's no doubt too that my lip doesn't suffer as much road damage as a GT3 one would, especially if yours is lowered (as mine is).

:thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back